Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
One of the shapeliest peaks in all the Rift Valley, Mt Longonot (2780m) and its serrated crater rim offers fabulous views. The dormant volcano rises 1000m above the baking-hot valley floor and was formed 400,000 years ago; it last erupted in the 1860s. The park itself covers only 52 sq km and was set up to protect the volcano’s ecosystem and little else. The name ‘Longonot’ comes from the Maasai name Olo Nongot, which means ‘Mountain of Many Summits’.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount Longonot National ParkStop: 6 hours - Admission includedWe shall drive from Nairobi to Mt Longonot where we will meet our guide. He will guide you throughout Mt Longonot Hike. It takes about 3 Hrs to get to the Rim and another like 3 to 5 hrs to go round the Crater. The Crater highest peak standing at 2780 m above sea level is somehow at the middle of the hike. After the hike we will drive to a nearby restaurant for a hot lunch before driving back to Nairobi where our hike ends.Read more
- Lunch after the hike
- Drinking water (1 litre per person). Bring extra water.
- English speaking guide
- Transport on a comfortable car to Mt Longonot and back from your hotel/residence withing Nairobi
- Mt Longonot Park entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
- Guide tips
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Dennis was awsome he gave us more than we expected.we we re a group of friends who ended up being a group of of customers
Date of experience: November 2019
1 Helpful vote
Response from demshyna, Owner at Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included)
Responded 21 Dec 2019
Asante sana Oyuso. We strive to give our clients the best experience during their safaris with us and we are happy that your expectations were met when you travelled with us. We are also happy that the entire group was amazing and gave you excellent company very essential in such hikes. We wish you will be back for our next hike! Thanks and Regards Denis Africa Vacations Safaris LTD
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Africa Vacation Safaris
Title: SAFARI OF A LIFETIME TO AMBOSELI AND TSAVO, KENYA
This was beyond our expectations, very well organized and professional courteous service from all. Our Guide Joseph…
Spectacular 2 Day Nairobi-Amboseli Safari
First Time on safari, and on the African Continent! Our guide Josephis/was an outstanding professional and an exper…
Best Safari experience! Trustworthy and efficient company
My partner & I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Kenya in which we went on a 2 day/1 night safari over to…
This tour was fantastic! Both Dennis's took great care of my sister and myself over the christmas peroid. They were…
We had such an amazing safari with Africa Vacation Safaris
Africa Vacation Safaris did an outstanding job helping me plan a group trip ( 8 persons) to Kenya and Amboseli to b…
Honeymoon Safari Perfectly planned
My husband and I used Africa Vacation Safaris and our guide was Joseph. It was the most amazing experience of our l…
KICC helipad, walk around the Nairobi city and giraffe centre was organised by Africa vacations. Very timely good g…
stella cynthia w00
Masai mara 3 days safari by Africa vacation safaris
I really had a very nice experience on my Masai Mara Safari with Africa Vacation Safaris. We saw lions and cheeta…
Very well organized 5 day Safari, from our pickup at the hotel in Nairobi by Africa vacation Safaris
I had a wonderful experience on my last tour with Africa Vacation Safaris. Our driver, Joseph was prompt, knowledge…
Great safari experience
This was an excellent tour, experienced guides, very affordable price and great accommodations. Thank you Dennis &…
Thrill of a Lifetime with Africa Vacation Safaris
If you are planning a safari, look no further than Africa vacation Safaris. Four of us wanted to visit Salt Lick lo…
Great Experience with Africa Vacation Safaris
Everything about Africa Vacation Safaris was fantastic. Joseph and Denis did a wonderful job of setting up our tour…
4 Day Private Masai mara National Reserve & Lake Nakuru National Park safari
Absolutely perfect experience with Africa Vacation Safaris We had a great experience with Africa Vacation Safaris.…
Excellent Holiday by Africa Vacation Safaris
I had never heard of Africa Vacation Safaris before I started to research the holiday, and selected them purely due…
Fantastic safari in Tsavo East, Amboseli & Tsavo West organised by Africa Vacation Safaris
We did a 4 day/3 night safari staying at Ol Tukai Lodge, Salt Lick Lodge and Kilaguni Lodge and loved it. Our drive…
- Duration: 6–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 758 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 283 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 428 travellers!
from ₹3,719.27* ₹3,915.02
Popular: Booked by 745 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included)
How much is Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included)?
Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) price starts from ₹ 10,595.51. Discover and book Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) on Tripadvisor
What is the Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) cancellation policy?
Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included)?
Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) is hosted by Africa Vacation Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Africa Vacation Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included)?
On average, this experience will take approximately 6h. Discover and book Hike Mt Longonot in a day. (Lunch Included) on Tripadvisor