View all photos (2)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Visit the port city of Thanlyin (formerly known as Syriam), on a private day trip from Yangon. You'll explore the city and observe local life with a guide as you see sights such as Kyaik-Khauk Paya (aka Kyaikkhauk Pagoda) and take a boat ride to Kyauktan Ye Le Pagoda.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Yangon YangonStop: 24 hours - Admission includedYour driver and professional, English-speaking guide will pick you up around 8:00am from your hotel/airport/cruise terminal in Yangon. Excursion to start with a visit to explore the village of Thanlyin (Syriam), around 15km from Yangon. Thanlyin was one of the sites for oil refineries. The town's major attractions are the Kyauktan Island Pagoda, the Kyaik Khauk Pagoda in the river at Kyauktan Village, south of Thanlyin, as well as, some old colonial buildings dating back to the time when the city was under control of the British. Take a boat ride for a few minutes to see Kyauktan Island Pagoda, which is set on a tiny island in the river, its glass mosaic decorations flashing in the sunlight. The temple was founded more than 2,000 years ago, at which time the pagoda was much smaller than it is today. The pagoda contains a magnificent, golden buddha image in a small intricately-decorated room. The temple complex contains several more richly-decorated structures with fine wood carvings and golden decorations topped with a multi-tiered roof called Pyatthat. The whole island is a temple complex, so you will have to take off your shoes and socks in the boat. You can carry them with you in a plastic bag if you want. The water around the small island is full of catfish waiting for food so enjoy feeding the fish around the island. Continue sightseeing around the Kyauktan Market where you can find many dry fish, local vegetable and fruit shops. In the afternoon, visit Kyaik Khauk Pagoda which is a beautiful, impressive pagoda built more than 2,000 years ago, after which it has been enlarged and renovated many times. The base of the pagoda is surrounded by many small, golden stupas. The temple area is open to visitors; as in any Burmese temple, please remove shoes and socks. The pagoda is located on a small hill on Kyaik Khauk Pagoda Road heading towards Kyauktan in the southeast corner of Thanlyin Town. You will pass in front of the Japan Industrial Zone and Thilawa Port, which is now famous and the biggest port in Yangon. Approximately at 4:00pm, you will drive back to your hotel/airport/port safely.Read more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Yangon
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Myanmar Private Day Tours
Li Meng Meng
The package is among the must do experience if you are in HCMC. Such an amazing destination not too far from the…
Viet Action Tours
Da Lat, Vietnam63
Don’t miss it!!!
We had an amazing day out with you guys. Our tour guide & tour company well organized for us from starting till…
I came here few weeks ago but i can not forget how it was . It made me feel exciting plus amazed about the nature…
Something wonderful is the best tour for us, the service attitude is very good, for the money we spend, it is well…
I recently came here with my friend and it was out of my mind . So amazing and informative . highly recommenđ
I came here with my friend . It was great , many activities and beautiful places . It definitely is my most…
Great tour! Included everything and more
This was a great tour! Starting with the owner/operator being very communicative and organizing my pickup from Hoi…
Phnom Penh, Cambodia40
Trip to learn VNese culture
We seek information and have received support from the company. The tour is carried out on the schedule and the…
It's a must!
Best trip from Da Nang. What a place. You feel like you in a deferent planet. Very busy with tourist (not…
Cool and amazing
Hello my friend! recently my parents visited this place and they highly recommended I should visit this place. I…
- Duration: 24h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Frequently bought together
More options from Myanmar Private Day Tours
from $74.65* $79.00