View all photos (33)
Book by March 15 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Discover the Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral on this guided half-day tour departing from Bogota. Explore the tunnels and sections of this underground Roman Catholic church that’s carved into the walls and ceiling of an abandoned salt mine, while learning about its history and the construction of such cathedrals. The tour includes all entrance fees.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Catedral de Sal de ZipaquiraStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2ZipaquiraStop: 60 minutes -See details
See Important Information for details
- Learn about the history of the cathedral and salt mine from your guide
- Family-friendly tour
- Admission fee to the cathedral is included
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel is provided
What to Expect
Following pickup at your Bogota hotel, head toward the city of Zipaquirá for this half-day guided tour of the Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral. Located more than 656 feet (200 meters) below the earth’s surface, the underground church is carved into the walls of a salt mine. Once inside, your guide shares information about the cathedral’s construction and history, which dates back to 1954. The original site was closed for safety reasons, but it reopened in 1991, after an expansion, with builders carving out an additional 250,000 tons of rock for the Catholic church. Wander the dark tunnels of the site, as well as the church’s three main sections, including the Stations of the Cross, its three naves, and dome. Before being dropped back to your hotel, explore the city of Zipaquirá.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bilingual guide in your language of preference (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German)
- Salt Cathedral entry ticket
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
- Optional tips and gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Changes on the tour may occur due to external factors. These changes will be notified to you with anticipation.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes as you'll need to walk on some uneven terrain.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Impulse Travel
Enreqie was very knowledgeable and helped us plan our trip to Columbia. He was available all the time to help us…
Bogata City Visit
Highly knowledgeable guide and definitely tries to give you the best experience in such a short time.
Chatham, United Kingdom122
Amazing Tour - Maria (our guide) was FANTASTIC!!
Took this tour in January 2020 with a guide called Maria. She was prompt to pick us up from our hotel, her English…
Great tours with just that little bit extra!
During our 5 weeks of holiday and travelling around Colombia we made 5 tours through impulse travel and were never…
Great Overview of Bogota
I booked this group tour as I thought it was a safer bet as a solo traveler. I think "group" may mean something…
Grand Tour of Bogota
Jan.25.2020 . 8.0h at 8.30 am The tour was fantastic . The tour guide Natalia was absolutely wonderful,friendly,…
No special service
No information at the harbour, we had to wait a long time to go to the island. Many people. The island was quite…
Los Angeles, California522294
Great mini city tour for layover
Impulse was great. We pre arranged a layover tour via email and on the day of a strange issue with customs left us…
Nice day out at the coffee plantation
This was a lovely trip giving us a chance to see the Colombian countryside on the way out and the way back. The…
(A little bit) Weird and Wonderful food
Bogota Gastronomic Walking Tour is a fantastic experience and it truely transports you to very different (but all…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071