Your itinerary includes the following attractions:
1. Jaffa Gate: Jaffa Gate is one of the eight gates of the Old City where extraordinary events took place in history. Once you officially enter the Old City, you will pass the Tower of David, one of the emblematic buildings of Jerusalem, built on remains of one of the defensive towers of the Palace of Herod the Great.
2. Rampart Walks(optional): The Ramparts Walk gives you amazing views of popular and more hidden sites. Highly recommended for children and family activities! Entrance fee: Adults: 18 NIS, Children: 9 NIS
3. Mount Zion: At this location, you will visit important sites associated with events described in Holy Scriptures.
4. Dormition Abbey: You will visit the marvelous church owned by the German Benedictine Order where Mary, Jesus ‘s mother, ended her worldly existence.
5. Last Supper Room/ Cenacle: A few meters from the church, you will continue to this two-story room that commemorates the “upper room” in which Jesus shared the Last Supper with the disciples.
6. Cardo: In the heart of the Jewish Quarter, you will visit one of the pearls of Jerusalem, the Roman Cardo, used for centuries as the main street of the city where most of commercial and social activities were taking place.
7. Broad Wall: A few steps from the commercial area, you will go back in time, with the help of archaeology and the Old Testament, to the days of Hezekiah (7th Century BC), when a miraculous event took place and Jerusalem was saved from destruction.
8. Hurva Synagogue (optional): This majestic synagogue located in the center of the Jewish Quarter became an emblem of Jerusalem and its Jewish Heritage after a turbulent history. Entrance fee: NIS 20 per person
9. Kotel/ The Wailing Wall: This is the most significant site in the world for the Jewish people, the Western Wall, where Jews have been praying for centuries.
10. The Austrian Hospice (optional): The first national pilgrims’ guesthouse in the Holy Land, 1863, is located directly on the Via Dolorosa.
Entrance fee: NIS 5 per person
11. Via Dolorosa: Following the painful path of Jesus on his way to his crucifixion, you will join at the 3rd station after a breathtaking rooftop view at Mount of Olives from the Austrian Hospice.
12. Holy Sepulcher: After Jesus was condemned to death, he was crucified on Mount Golgotha and was buried in a nearby tomb. According to Christian tradition he rose again after three days. From this moment, the Tomb of Resurrection became the central place of faith for all Christians in the world.