We first start the tour with the region which was used as the Hippodrome during the Byzantine period, now known as Sultan Ahmet Square, and the Horse Square during the Ottoman period. At Sultanahmet Square, we see the Egyptian Obelisk which was one of the oldest buildings of Istanbul and was brought from Egypt in the 3rd century BC and then the Serpentine Column brought from the island of Delphi in Greece and Knitting Column.
After the trip to the hippodrome, you will see(outside) the palace of Ibrahim Pasha, the famous Vizier of the reign of Suleiman the Magnificent, but today known as the richest carpet museum in the world and used as the Museum of Turkish Islamic Art. Just across the museum, Sultanahmet Mosque, which is the only 6-minaret building of the Ottoman Period and is famous for its blue tiles, will be one of the places we will visit.
The next stop will be the Hagia Sophia Museum, known as the eighth wonder of the world. On our tour, we will visit Topkapi Palace, which was the heart of the empire, where the Ottoman Empire was ruled for 450 years and dozens of important events took place.
• Hagia Sophia Museum / Church (Ayasofya), Ayasofya Square, Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
• Topkapi Palace, Cankurtaran Mahallesi Gulhane Park, Near Sultanahmet Square, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
• Hippodrome, Binbirdirek, Sultan Ahmet ParkI No:2, Istanbul Turkey
• Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Mah At Meydani Cad No 7, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
• Sultanahmet District, Istanbul 34122 Turkey
• German Fountain, Hippodrome Square, Istanbul Turkey