Exploring Colombo independently and the risk of getting lost or delayed. Make things easy with a private shore excursion that whisks you around the sights smoothly and comfortably. Travel by private vehicle, visit top sights such as the Seema Malakaya Temple, shop for souvenirs at handicrafts emporiums and hear tales of local life from your driver that you'd miss if alone. • Explore Colombo with ease on a private shore excursion from the cruise port or your hotel in Colombo • Forget cabs or buses,sightseeing stress-free by private air-conditioned car • See the sights, shop at markets, and hear about local life and history
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
Audio guide: English
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
What's not included
- Private Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Professional English Speaking Chauffer Guide
- All Local Taxes & Charges
- Port Pickup / Dropoff
- Entrance Fees
- Food & Drinks
- Entry/Admission - Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple
- Entry/Admission - Colombo National Museum
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- All Hotels in Colombo
- Colombo Port
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 104893P74
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights?
- How much is Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights?
- Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights price starts from ₹ 3,332.78. Discover and book Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights on Tripadvisor
- What is the Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights cancellation policy?
- Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights?
- Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights is hosted by Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour Highlights on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 104893P74
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byPort of Colombo කොළඹ වරාය கொழும்பு துறைமுகம்
- 1Colombo LighthouseStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byOld Parliament Building
- 2Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist TempleStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass byBeira Lake
- 3Independence Memorial HallStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4Gem MuseumStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Colombo National MuseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass byBandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall
- 6LaksalaStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 7PettahStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in July 2018
#47 of 849 Outdoor Activities in Colombo
- Donna S00Unable to take TourI booked this tour while traveling on a cruise ship docked at Colombo port. I arrived at the meeting point on time, to be told that this tour was not possible as it was too far from the port to make it back before the ship left. First, why would you offer this from Colombo port if it is too far? Ships are never in port that long- even if they're there overnight. And, I even inquired about the pick up location and still was not told it was too far to the destination. The operator/ owner said he did try to call me the night before but I only had ship WiFi and did not receive the call. He said he would give me a refund and offered me a city Tuk Tuk tour which I accepted and was very good. Unfortunately he didn't tell me the cost of the Tuk Tuk tour and so far I have not received any refund. I am still hopeful though. My advice would be to check the distance from your hotel/ port to the destination before booking. I do think the tour company should give an approximate distance from their pick up cities so travelers would know the travel time involved. I will be more careful in the future.
- U9460WFlisac00Amazing day in ColomboAmazing tour, covered the whole city and all of the amazing sites and temples . Our guide Ferose was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. Highly recommend this private tour with Kingfisher tours.
- Experience20965500Great tour and guidesOur tour guides were very informative and accommodating to our needs and desires. They knew exactly where to take us based on our descriptions. We saw quite a lot in a very short period of time. Great photographers as well.
- D5704MVmohamedf00Fabulous ExperienceSuch a wonderful tour well planned timewise. We were picked up outside the ship and the 4 hours travelling in this busy city with these guys made our trip a memorable one, Our guide Aashik was well experienced and very friendly which made us feel like we know each other for years. His explainations and the knowledge of each places are really impressive We will come back again in August for a round tour and will never hesitate to use this company and Aashik for sure
- mrsI6501FF00Perfectly planned holidaywhat a wonderful experience we had with kingfisher is unbelievable ! Our guide shan and his knowledge of the country made us feel like home and we are very comfortable traveling with him. We booked the tour months before our arrival and everything was perfectly organized and we were greeted with garlands. Sri Lanka is very beautiful and the culture, people made us feel that we need more time here Thank you Kingfisher Tours for everything
- 7haileyg00SCAM!!!This company is nothing more than a scam. My husband and I booked a “safari tour” on Viator that costed $220 USD only to find out it was only for a driver to take us to the park, where we were then charged another $140 USD (to man who we found out later is friends with the owner of the company and WAY overcharged us for the park fees). The owner of the company had messaged me right after I booked the tour and had immediately asked if he could refund me the money so we could pay in cash instead. The ad was so misleading and he was very dishonest about how much the fees were going to be so we took out cash but once we were way overcharged at the park we didn’t have enough cash left to pay the full, absurd, amount to the driver which now felt like a total scam as we could have just hired a driver for $50 USD to take us to the park. We paid the driver the rest of the money we had, and tour operator at first offered to drop the price for the tour if we “paid the rest”, which we had already paid to all of the people involved in this scam, and when we said no he called the police on us. We are honest people, we paid everyone involved in the day who offered us a service, except for the con-artist “owner” of the company who truly deserved nothing at that point. Of course the police sided with him and we ended up having to pay him the rest of the money. If you booked a tour with this company and you were happy with it, it’s only because you were ignorant to how much you were being scammed and overcharged. This is just a group of criminals squeezing every last penny out of honest tourists. Absolutely disgusting and so disheartening.
- Cruiser4638812961000Fantastic HoneymoonWhen we were planning our honeymoon we contacted Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka, because we wanted a guided tour through the most idyllic places in Sri Lanka.... and ooh we did have the best time ! We were guided by Aswar, a very friendly and cheerful guy, who learned us alot about the sri lankan culture, nature, history and food... He brought us safely from place to place and adjusted our plans if necessary and always checked with us first. If we had some extra free time, he would suggest additionel activities (like doing a village tour in a more rural area). He was always available and helpful, in short a really great guide. We shared some great laughs along the way! The hotels the company choosed for us are superb and gave a great memorable experience in each stays We are really thankful for Kingfisher Tours for making our honeymoon the best ! We will come back again and will never hesitate to use them over and over
- baris11100A Reliable TourI did the Colombo City Sightseeing Tour with Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka. From the beginning to the end It was a pleasent trip. They were very flexible on various matters. Normally I was out of the regular pick up area but with an extra arrangement they coordinated a pick up for me, changed the vehicle type and payment timing for my comfort and satisfaction. My guide Ferose was ready at the hotel, even before the pick up time. He was a nice and friendly gentleman and he was flexible as well. He made some slight changes in the tour according to my interests and expectations. I would suggest the tour and the company.
- Jackaets00Great Company, Great Guide !We used Aswar from Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka for a 12 day tour around South Sri Lanka, including Yala safari, Ella and around Tangalle. We had a fabulous time! They arranged all the activities so it was hassle free. Aswar was a great driver, with excellent local knowledge and I would definitely recommend him. Aashik the manager was always in touch with me to check weather we are okay, We will highly recommend them
- saleemas202300Amazing guideAmazing guide Aaqib!! He stayed with us for 11 days and turn our holidays more than we expectaded! He was available 24h and helped us so many times! We have 3 small children and he was very patience with them. The van was always so clean and have fresh water every day. He made our Sri Lanka holidays a dream come true
- LimRJ_300Great day out in GalleThe driver was patient and friendly. He would always try his best to accommodate our requests. He extended his services as well to fetch us to/from the hotel when we said we were out for breakfast and we intended to head for dinner directly after the tour. However it would be great if more time coordination can be done.
- Happiness5455941897600Fabulous 6 days HoneymoonWe took a 6 days honeymoon package from them all inclusive and we were 100% satisfied by their service . A well organized honeymoon including their Maldives package and hotel was really awesome we really enjoyed traveling with Kingfisher Tours Sri Lanka.
- Valleytravel4172800A Tour worth for the priceWonderful holiday with kingfisher Tours sri lanka, all the service from starting to ending was perfect and all the hotels they choose for us gave a great memory filled holiday we will highly recommend this company for anyone who is visiting Sri Lanka Once again thank you team for making my family happy
- I6797XNclaireh00Do not book this company they stole £600+ from meDo not book this company. I hoped I wouldn’t have to write this review as I have given plenty of opportunity for them to make this right but I’ve been let down and ripped off by this company. Paid over £600 in advance for a driver for 6 days and white water rafting for 4 people. Sadly no driver turned up at airport which was an awful way to start your holiday. Tried calling and messaging with no response. Had to get another driver from another company. When they did get in touch 3 hours later we were already on the road with a different driver so I asked for a refund. That was in the 15th July. I paid on the 23rd June. It’s the 25th august and I have repeatedly been promised a refund which I still don’t have. Looking back it was all a bit weird and I shouldn’t have paid in advance. A guy called Aashik responded to the email I sent and said let’s converse on WhatsApp. I don’t really know what the set up is here. But be warned and don’t pay until you arrive is my strong advice. I’m £600 out of pocket for no service at all.
- 306lizau00Safe journeyWe had the pleasure of being guided by an exceptional driver Aswar during our trip to Sri Lanka. His commitment to ensuring a safe journey was truly commendable. His attentive driving, adherence to traffic rules, and expert navigation skills made us feel at ease throughout the trip. Their local insights and knowledge of the area added a rich layer to the experience. I greatly appreciated their focus on road safety and their dedication to making our journey memorable and secure. It was a pleasure to have such a skilled and responsible driver/tour guide accompany us on this adventure.