Galle Dutch Fort
This fortified city is one of the most famous of all tourist destinations in South East Asia. Right on the South-Western tip of the Island its harbor was the main hub for trade and commerce for thousands of years. It has great significance for its cultural, historical, and geographical value. The Portuguese were the first to build a fort to protect their naval fleet and their spice trade, with first the Dutch and then the British taking eventual control. The Fort is listed as a world heritage site and is well preserved. The Inner fort has several restaurants and hotels to cater to the tourist, and is a pleasure to visit and walk around.
• Tour Starts at 7.00 am from Colombo or Negambo area
• Pick up from anywhere in Colombo or Negambo
• Drop off at the starting point or any place in between Galle and Colombo
Activities & Attractions
• Turtle Conservation Project
• Madu River Mangrove Boat Safari
• Tsunami Museum
• Herbal Garden
• Wood Carving Centre & Gallery ( Mask Factory )
• Moonstone Gem Mining Centre & Gem Factory
• Batik & Silk Factory
• Historical Dutch Fort in Galle
• Stilt Fishermen in Koggala
This is a full package day tour which includes entrance fees , activity charges, transportation and taxes for above mentioned activities & attractions. No extra will be charged.