Enjoy this full-day trip to Kanchanaburi, west of Bangkok, to see the River Kwai and its notorious scaffold. Find history with guided visits to the Thailand-Burma Railway Center and the War Cemetery. Have lunch at renowned river side in restaurant Kanchanaburi, Kachanaburi River Kwai Bridge Scenic Spot by long–tailed boat.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bangkok
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Sightseeing as described
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - River Kwai
- Entry/Admission - Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Entry/Admission - The Thailand-Burma Railway Centre
- Food & Drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Start:Multiple pickup locations offered.Hotel pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included hotels.End:This activity ends back at the meeting point.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 205208P19
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour?
- Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour price starts from ₹ 20,489.43. Discover and book Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour?
- Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour is hosted by FAMOUS Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact FAMOUS Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Kanchanaburi Death Railway & River Kwai Bridge Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 205208P19
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1BangkokStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Kanchanaburi War CemeteryStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3River KwaiStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Bridge Over the River KwaiStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5The Thailand-Burma Railway CentreStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in October 2019
#146 of 828 Tours & Activities in Bangkok
- 389liesbethr00Wonderful !An amazing experience ! A good guide. The railway was cool. When you are the first time in Bangkok you have to do this tour.
- ericvI6869TM00Interesting excursion with good guidePerfect organisation with good river and perfect guide. Visits as expected. For Amphawa market is a weekday not the best day to visit. Fireflies OK but would be better in rainseason.
- Voyage3177713871800Not a good to have tour again. No responsibility at all.Had my tour booked for whole day. Took lots of photos from my guide and end up with no photos as my guide never send them to me. I gave her my email . This service sucks. As i cannot contact my guide nor the tour company anymore. U guys sucks🤬🤬
- spr_smmlx00Very happy : highly recommendedVery happy that we booked this tour, courteous private driver/guide, and well planned schedule overall. Enjoyed every single locations, and we could see and move around freely which is not the case with large group tours. Highly recommended.
- 564dj00Excellent ExperienceExcellent and informative tour with an amazing tour guide. She was patient, polite and very knowledgeable. This was my first time in Thailand, and the tour guide ensured that I was safe and completely satisfied throughout the entire tour.
- Flyjets2300Wonderful day exploring beautiful Bangkok!We had the most outstanding day with our guide Ms. Aey and our driver Mr. Kip. We were picked up in the lobby of our hotel. They arrived 30 minutes early, and we were ready to go, so we got started early, which was great! Ms. Aey was extremely knowledgeable about the city of Bangkok, as well as the history of Thailand. We learned so much about the country and the culture in just a few hours! Temples, markets, a ferry ride, fish feeding, tasting local fruits, delicious lunch at a local restaurant... so many fun things! We had previously considered trying to tour Bangkok on our own, but decided to take this tour instead. One of the best decisions we could have made. We would never have known what we were looking at, the history behind it, or the cultural significance. We would have also been completely lost as far as what we should do and what we shouldn't do. If you are undecided about taking a tour, do yourself a favor and take one. And you should absolutely take this tour! Highly recommended, whether it's your first time in Bangkok, or you've been there a dozen times. I guarantee you will learn something new! On a side note, our wonderful guide Ms. Aey was purchasing several things for us out of her own pocket, just to enhance our experience. Things that are not included in the price of the tour. It made the day even better (i.e. fruit, fish food, flower bracelets, wreaths, holy water, etc.) In total, it wasn't very expensive, but PLEASE consider reimbursing her for these expenses at the end of the tour. She expects nothing, but did everything she could to make sure you had the best time possible. A little bit of money goes a long way in Thailand, and please be respectful of that sacrifice. We also gave a tip to Ms. Aey and the driver, Mr. Kip, so please consider that as well. Business is very slow right now as the country rebounds from the pandemic. In summary, TAKE THIS TOUR! You will be so happy that you did!!
- Markverhof00Unique experience, with unique tour guide!My favorite part was the boat trip which let us to some off tourist areas. Also the personal care the guide Aey put in the guide make this a one of kind experience. Thx Aey
- Cathy M00Enjoyable and InformativeAfter visiting a number of temples on our own, the tour brought everything together; the history of various temples, it’s relationships to the kings and monks, the ritual of praying and meditating and the enjoyable canal tour!
- bahaytboy00AWESOME TOURThis was our first time to visit Thailand and we all had a great time!Aey was very informative and brought us around the city and its marvelous temples.Both she and the driver made sure we all had ample time to enjoy the sites and didnt feel rushed.We were all seniors and had an older aunt who had some difficulty walking long distances,and Aey made sure she was not left out in our sightseeing. Overall, we had a marvelous time!
- K3277LQsusanl00LibertyOur guide, Aey, was very knowledgeable in Thai history and this tour is a great way to see the highlights of Bangkok. Just be prepared for the massive crowd at the Grand Palace. We did have some English communication issues but all in all it was a good tour.
- pizzapartier00Fun and informational tourExcellent and informative tour of the major sites in Bangkok. The tour was very well-paced, seeing a lot but not overly exerting. Our guide Gimao (Chutima Nawsoon) was awesome! She's very knowledgeable about all the sites and general Thai history and also very fun! We learned a lot about general Thai culture from her and conversation was flowing and easy. I highly recommend asking for her to guide your tour.
- Bo B00Best tourWe were two friends in the age pf 70+ that had booked a Mam Holidays Thailand private half day tour via Viator in Bangkok. The tour in a comfortable modern Toyota city van went to from the Grand Palace to Vat Arun. We also discussed and changed the tour from a market to the Marble Temple. The guide, Ms. Supatsara Wonghong, "Ms. Aey", gave us essential and interesting historic facts about the temples, the kings and the city. She oriented us in a calm way with bright friendliness. The tour was more expensive than other tours with more participants, but it was clearly worth it. Great many thanks to Aey and the driver.
- katieaF1661QR00Amazing TourThis was the best tour we did on our Thailand trip. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and our driver was excellent. We were able to see all the highlights of Bangkok in a day and it was truly an amazing experience. I highly recommend this tour!
- H2703CTwilliamh00Informative and Fun Tour of AyutthhayaWe had a great time with Chutima on our tour. She helped us to understand both the history of Ayutthaya and the culture and history of Thailand as a country. We had a great and authentic Thai lunch and gained an enhanced appreciation for Thailand. I strongly recommend this tour as a convenient way to see some amazing and sights, learn some fascinating history and meet some very cool people.
- KSINUSA00Excellent guide, interesting program, easy to arrange, efficient operationWe took the Ayutthaya (Ayudhaya) tour with Siri (MS.Siriwaritsara Petcharapan) as our guide and Mr.Daeng as the driver. I booked the tour online very late the previous night, yet it all went without a hitch! The car with the guide showed up a few minutes before the appointed time at the hotel. I want to take the time to really appreciate how well they conducted this private tour, especially the superior guidance by Siri, and highlight those that impressed us very much: * Siri's command of the history and the region is comprehensive. During the drive from Bangkok to Ayudhiya, we were able to talk and understand a number of contemporary and historical events * Her communication and English are fluent, we were able to communicate easily * Mr.Daeng (sp!) is a safe efficient and courteous driver * Siri also seems very good at not just knowing where to take memorable pictures but takes a lot of them herself and sends to us. In addition to the ones we took, we got quite a few good ones thsi way After booking, I called the number listed for the tour operator (MAM Holidays) to give them mu local SIM number in case. The gentleman who spoke was also all efficient. In the morning , it was nice to get a call from him to say Siri and the car should be at the hotel and I can proceed to the lobby to get started. I am glad to recommend this tour without reservation. Thank you Siri and team