View all photos (14)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1ThamelStop: 3 hours -Meet your friendly local guide at the hotel lobby in the late morning to begin your rickshaw ride tour through the busy streets of the Thamel area. Board a rickshaw, one of the most common methods of transportation in the Thamel area, and pass by Thamel’s handicrafts shops. On your way, you can stop and shop for various things like pashmina shawls, Nepali carpets and other handicrafts. Wind your way through the Thamel market and merge onto a narrow alley full of shops. This lane – a great spot for photographers – is where you can purchase several local specialties such as food, fresh fruits and vegetables, pastries, trekking gear, walking gear, music, DVDs, handicrafts, souvenirs, woolens and clothes. Travel agencies, small grocery stores, budget hotels and restaurants also line the streets of this area. You will then stop for lunch in Thamel. Many restaurants in Thamel serve traditional and continental cuisine, and prices tend to be significantly higher than in the non-tourist areas. After your lunch, enjoy a stroll through nearby markets, where you can admire the work of local Thanka painting. Thamel also acts as the pre-base camp for mountaineers. It boasts a wide range of mountaineering gear shops, foreign money exchange booths, mobile phone shops, pubs, clubs and nightlife, along with the numerous travel agents and guest houses. All in all, Thamel is where a wide range of the Nepalese population heads for employment and entertainment purposes. After that, you will be transferred back to your hotel.Read more
Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
- Rickshaw and driver
- Nepali lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sightseeing tour as per the itinerary
- Nepalese visa
- Additional food or drinks
- Personal expenses
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Liberty Holidays
The Vijaya stupa is good for short hiking. It is 2hr from swayambhu as I travelled from here. This is peaceful plac…
Perfect organisation for a holiday to remember
We had the most memorable family tour with Nagarkot Sunset tour. We felt everything was great, our guide Mr. Rajat …
We saw all except Bhakatapor UNESCO sites with great efficiency. Our guide Shiva was very sensitive to the amount …
Great Half Day Trip!
Madan (my guide) and Mandal (my driver) were great! Although it was unfortunately a cloudy morning and during the s…
My friend and I made it to Sarangkot for the beautiful sunrise. It’s definitely worth a visit. However it wasn’t wi…
Tour was excellent. I can recommend it even with young children.Guide and driver allways took care to find clean re…
Krishna, our guide was lovely and was very patient with us stopping to shop every few steps!!! Kathmandu Durbar Squ…
Today we experienced a sunrise tour with Liberty agent Pokhara. We were collected from our hotel at 5am by two you…
One of the best Sunrise and Sunset , you will ever see
Sarankot is very important to Pokhara from tourist viewpoint as Nagarkot is to Kathmandu. Positioned west north to …
Worth the hike
Well worth the long hike up to the top. Maybe set off early morning so it’s a little cooler. The views at the top a…
Peaceful Place - First Class Experience
We had a wonderful stay at this resort. We were greeted upon arrival and escorted to the cable car. The cable car r…
Delicous food and an amazing course
We had a really good time there and they offered the course even just for two people! We cooked momos, dal bhat, ri…
Solo Trip and Day Tour of Bhaktapur and Nagarkot
I had a great experience overall with this tour. I was contacted prior to arrival to confirm my pick up location an…
Ram is the best travel agent I've met. He arranged everything according to our needs and likes. Met us in our hotel…
Highesr altutude among other surrounded hills.
First experience of such a steep cable car travel, roughly crossed 19300 feet more than Mount Everest. Very excitin…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999