This 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla tracking and Lake Bunyonyi safari, takes you to see Mountain Gorillas as you track them in their home Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and conclude it by relaxing and enjoying the cool breeze and outstanding sights of Lake Bunyonyi.
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Uganda Equator
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 229613P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 229613P1
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable...
Gorilla trekking adventure
Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi -...
Transfer back to Kampala
About the operator
Joined in February 2019
#57 of 871 Outdoor Activities in Kampala
- Sunirpatki00African Safari, KenyaMrs. Shama Chitnis & Rashmin Chitnis of GAT SAFARIS organized my trip to Maasai Mara. We stayed in Maisha Mara lodge. Lodge was very nice . Rooms were very clean & luxurious. Food was good. Staff was very polite & helpful. Risper gave us excellent service. One should try their deep tissue body massage by Queen & Panini. It was very relaxing. We saw lot of game at the Maasai Mara park. If you want to shop in Nairobi then you should visit Maasai Market on Tuesdays. Weather was cool & nice. Many Thanks to GAT Safaris. You can contact them on Mob +254 723 786 969 or e-mail email@example.com
- Allan-Amogona00“Reliable,very reactive and flexible”Trip was excellent. Dorothy was a good communicator, planned our trip well. Gorillas and safari were fabulous! Loved the Land cruiser. We had plenty of activities to do and saw lots of animals but still had some time to relax in between. Great balance. Accommodation was great too. I would recommend travelling with Twist African Safaris very much!
- Flocan2200Most Memorable experience with Twist AfricaWe always wanted to go on safari and chose Twist Africa. Everything from start to end was excellent. Our guide Remmy was very friendly, he did his best to show us all the animals in Murchision park. The tour was worth every penny we spent on it and will remain one of the most beautiful moment of our lives. Highly recommend!!!!!!! Thank you Dorothy for all preparations
- Darlton00Exceeded our expectationsFantastic experience with Twist Africa, extremely knowledgeable drivers, very punctual and attentive to details. We loved everything, the country, the food, parks and culture. Thank you Dorothy for arranging our trip. We highly recommend this company!
- J8254ZTsamanthap00Safari full of once in a lifetime momentsDorothy was so helpful as we planned, changed and added to our safari. Communication was quick and so helpful - they even sent over a very useful packing list. Our guide, Remmy, was INCREDIBLE. He was so friendly, funny, and knowledgeable. He made sure to customize the tour when he found out we liked birds and fought for us to get into the perfect group for Gorilla tracking. His driving was excellent and we enjoyed every second with him. The activities were all SO memorable. Murchison Falls national park was breathtaking by the falls and the rest of the landscape - we even did a cruise down the Nile. Chimp trekking was challenging and we got to sit with them above us in the trees. The gorilla trekking was the most incredible day of our whole trip - we were so close to them and we will never forget that day. Our lodge, The Haven, was excellent with incredible views of the mountains. We ended with a day at Lake Bunyonyi with a boat ride across the water and a stay at Arcadia Lodges. The lodge had the most incredible views of the islands throughout the lake. Twist also added on a city tour for us so we could see Kampala on our last day in Africa. That tour was with Ben who was so knowledgeable and fun. Some of our lodges also added flowers and even a cake to our rooms to celebrate our Honeymoon. Thank you for this incredible adventure - we would recommend Twist to anyone traveling to Uganda!
- goergew202200The trip was incredibleOur Safari was the best trip ever. My wife and I have seen everything we wanted to see. Lions, rinoceros, leopard, cheetah, elephants, giraffes, ... Thank you Twist Africa for the excellent arrangements. We ate and drank whatever we wanted. Communication with Dorothy was great and she always called from office to check on us during the trip. Our Tour Guide Ben was the best. he has a lot of experience and we found all the animals. he is very kind and very respectful and he has a lot of culture. Every day he asked us what we wanted to eat and drink for the trip. And he took care of everything. the accommodations the company offered was magnificent. everything was perfect and I can tell you that I would go back to Africa with Twist African safaris eyes closed!
- robbye88000Excellent CompanyTwist Arican safaris organised our 3 days Murchison falls trip. We were so much amazed by the heavy falls and plenty of wildlife in this park like elephants, hippos, lions, giraffes, bungalows, the Ugandan jobs etc. The services were really great and our accommodation at Paluba lodge was very nice and comfortable. We also enjoyed our guide, he was very kind and informative. The hot air balloon safari is a must do, it's very amazing. It was really an unforgettable experience and would recommend to book a Uganda tour through Twist Africa. Thank you Dorothy and Ben for the memorable experience!!
- agirep202100We enjoyed every moment!We made our 5 days trip with Twist Africa and it was spectacular, and a unique once in a lifetime experience. Perfect organization, lovely staff, great lodges, stunning nature and wildlife. Highly recommended.
- 982glennj00Extremely trustworthy,comprehensive experienceWhen we arrived in Kenya our driver was there to pick us. He was very welcoming and happy to receive us, we had the best game drives at Masai Mara park. Our over all experience was fabulous thanks to Twist Africa for being flexible and plan the full itinerary to fit in our short schedule. Wonderful !
- jameskruger500Well planned safari, great guide and very well organizedWe decided very spontaneously going on safari and got a few quotes from different companies. Dorothy from Twist Africa responded very quickly and everything was well organized. Ben, our Guide has welcomed us very friendly at the airport and did take care of us during the whole Safari Trip. He has a great knowledge about the areas in the Parks, the Nature as well as all the animals. We really enjoyed our trip and had a lot of fun. Ben really exceeded our expectations and we will never forget this incredible Trip in Kidepo. We couldn't have asked for a better Guide and can just recommend Twist Africa
- 887audrey00"We would definitely recommend travelling with Twist Africa!"We had our 5 days tour, Twist Africa provided us with a comfortable, well maintained vehicle driven by Ben our excellent guide/driver. We were very well looked after and felt safe the whole time. The level of service is way beyond anything else we have experienced in our three trips to Africa. All of the places we visited on our trip, were places we really enjoyed and planned well, It is obvious that Twist Africa has gone to great lengths to have high quality services. We think their the best we have ever had. To summarize it was a wonderful tour, the only regrettable thing is it was too short. We hope to have more safaris on our next visits.
- Hall22200Amazing safari with the best GuideI visited Masai Mara on a 3 days safari. My experience was exceptional from start to finish. My tour guide, Henry was incredible. He was friendly, knowledgable and got me up close with the animals. I was incredibly lucky to see 4 out of the big 5, with the ever elusive rhino rightfully hiding from humans. The camp itself was basic, but had everything you could need on a budget trip. Dorothy and her team were attentive, cordial and dealt with any issues that arose. I would highly recommend booking with Twist African Safaris and in particular asking for Dorothy. I will be back to find the rhino!
- 730gianfrancom00A trip to Remember 2021My second time to use Twist Africa, I wanted to surprise my wife my wife with a holiday to Africa. We had eight days of safari in Uganda.We are very pleased that we ordered a safari from Twist Africa. Our experience much exceeded our expectations. We expected that it must be great, but it was astonishing to see so much wildlife. The safari itself was incredible. There were so many species in the park and it was so exciting to observe animals and birds in their natural habitat! At the end of the third day, we thought we had seen almost everything, but it surprised us during the following days how much more we saw. Without a doubt, it was thanks to our guide, with his ability to detect animals and birds, his positive attitude. He gave us the name of each animal and bird in the park, providing clues on how to distinguish them from some other closely related species, and telling us interesting facts about them. An African safari is a life lasting experience. That is why we are glad to make the right choice about the company we had safari with. We are very grateful for this company and employees to do their best, so our dream could come true.
- Samluk202100Excellent experience to UgandaOur safari with Twist Africa was just perfect right from the start until the end. We couldn't have imagined a better guide than our guide Ben- he seemed to always know where the animals were and did everything to make our experience unforgettable. We saw the Big Five and much more during our five days. TWIST is an extremely professional company with vast experience and top vehicles. Communication with them was effortless and fast throughout the whole booking process. We had to do COVID-19 tests in Kampala before flying back home, but our amazing contact person Dorothy at Twist took care of everything and we didn't need to stress about anything. I would recommend this agency to anybody hoping to have an experience of a lifetime as we did. Thank you!
- Mosestraveler202100Best Gorilla trekking tripWe booked our trip with Twist Africa but due to the pandemic we were given an option to post pond to a later date which gave us hope. We just had our safari the trekking can be hard work depending on which Gorilla family group you are allocated you can hike 5 to 7 hours but is totally worth it. To be in such close proximity to a silverback is a wonderful experience and watching the youngsters play around is very entertaining. Our guide Gorge was knowledgeable and kept the group in good spirits. The safari was and experience we can't forget. Top tips (a) wear gardening gloves (you will be grabbing plenty of branches etc for balance and pushing through the undergrowth) (b) use a walking pole (again for balance, particularly on the steep down slopes; and (c) hire a porter - members of the local community will carry your bag and generally help you through the trek. The minimum cost is $15 (you can pay more if you like) and helps provide a source of employment to them.i would like to do visit more groups at Bwindi impenetrable national Park on my next visit to Uganda
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
I had a great experience with Twist Africa,great communication all the way. The gorilla trekking experience was mind blowing. What an awesome way to experience the beauty of Uganda.
Written 13 February 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.