Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde)
By Águia Tour CV
Come visit Cape Town, the capital city of Praia, is located south of the island of Santiago. It is also headquarters of the municipality of the same name. Praia is the largest city in Cape Verde. As a capital city, it houses in the area called Plateau, promontory by the sea, public buildings and other important buildings, such as the Presidential Palace, built in the late nineteenth century to be the residence of the Portuguese governor. There is also the old City Hall, a building with a classic façade and a square central tower, the Nossa Senhora da Graça Church, also in the classicist style, the Ethnographic Museum and the Diogo Gomes Monument, Portuguese navigator and discoverer of Santiago Island in 1460
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 2–4 hours
Start time: Check availability
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Sala-Museu Amilcar Cabral
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- We are looking for you anywhere in Santiago Island, it can be at Nelson Mandela Beach Int. Airport, at any hotels on the island, or even at the City Beach Port, private and residential homes.
- Francisco Mendes Airport, Praia, Santiago Cape Verde
- Porto da Praia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 208631P3
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde)
What you can expect during your visit
- -Employees with weekly tests. - Mask and alcohol gel for free
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde)?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) on Tripadvisor
- How much is Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde)?
- Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) price starts from ₹ 3,751.66. Discover and book Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) cancellation policy?
- Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde)?
- Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) is hosted by Águia Tour CV. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Águia Tour CV on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Praia city (a trip to the capital of Cape Verde) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 208631P3
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mercado de SucupiraStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Farol de D. Maria PiaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Praia ShoppingStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4Igreja Nossa Senhora da GracaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Praca Alexandre AlbuquerqueStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 6Sala-Museu Amilcar CabralStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
A highlight of our holiday in Cape Verde .
Nelson was a great guide - he met us at the entrance to the cruise port and delivered us back there at the times we…
Amazing tour! Nelson is the best!
If you ever visit Santiago once, you HAVE to book a tour with Aguia Tour! They are Super professional, extremely kn…
Nice overview of Santiago Island
The tour with Nelson was verry interesting and gave us a good overview of the island. We can recommend the tour wit…
This is a fabulous tour. Nelson was a great guide with a vast knowledge of local information. It was a relaxed and …
Wonderfull Island day tour!
We booked a Santiago island day trip with Nelson our tour guide. We had such an amazing day! We got enough time to …
Nice half day tour
I visited Cidade Velha in May with Lorenco. From the first minute on, he was more like a friend than a guide. He dr…
Couldn't have been better!
Junior was an excellent and very welcoming guide and had a great knowledge of the park and its flora and fauna. As …
Transfer from the Praia Airport to Tarrafal
Nelson could work in Germany...he is literally every time we had an appointment with him, on time....on the final m…
nice and reliable
Nelson is reliable and very nice and a responsible driver. We had 3 drives with him on Santiago island.
Best tour guide in Santiago island
Nelson is a reliable, timely and funny guide. He took me to many places in Santiago island for fair prices. I recco…
Highly recommended! I had a great time with Nelson who was a very knowledgeable, relaxed and kind host. He showed m…
Nelson is wonderful: friendly, on time and a responsible driver. :)
Nelson is a very nice guy and we were happy to do several tours with him. He was always on time and it was fun to c…
The perfect way to visit Santiago
We booked a day trip to visit Santiago. Nelson our tour guide was perfect, we had enough time everywhere to discove…
Fun and safe experience on the route from Praia to Tarrafal
We met Nelson after meeting another tourist in Praia, who recommended us to ask Nelson if we ever needed anything d…
nelson is super friendly, and great with our baby. it was easy to text him and he came to drive us. thanks Nelson!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Aug 2022 • Solo
Visitar o mercado. Sentir a energia, simpatia, humildade do povo. Cabo Verde é um país a visitar. Não sou pela boa comida, mas sobretudo pelo fato do povo ser expert na arte de bem receber
Written 13 September 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Muito obrigado . Ficamos contente e agradecido pela vossa visita. Até proxima vez. Nelson
Written 18 October 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.