The 3-day 2-night Tanzania budget camping safari will take you to Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Manyara National Park. It will offer you the chance to see a wide variety of wildlife amongst some of the most diversified landscapes in the world. Not only will you visit the unforgettable Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks, but you will also see the Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ngorongoro Crater is often called Africa’s Eden and the 8th Natural Wonder of the World. You will see huge herds of elephants and in season flocks of flamingos and troops of baboons.
Ages 18-70, max of 10 per group
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Round trip airport transfer
- 4×4 Custom built – safari vehicle with pop up roof for game viewing
- Camping equipment
- Drinking water
- International & Domestic flights
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- A staff member of Jerry Tanzania Tours will pick you up from the Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). From here you will be driven to Hotel in Moshi and briefed on your upcoming safari.
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 211426P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 211426P9
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
Moshi – Tarangire National Park...
Karatu – Ngorongoro Crater –...
From Karatu to Lake Manyara...
About the operator
Jerry Tanzania Tours
Joined in September 2017
#79 of 823 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
- Maaheshtaamang00Once in a life time opportunityThis expedition would not have been successful without the professional and extremely hardworking guides and porters of Jerry Tanzania. The level of professionalism of all the support crew from Jerry Tanzania, including Chef Ali, waiter James, sanitation specialist Mr Jambo and all the porters, including my personal porter Samson, was second to none. All the best to Jeremiah and his team for the challenging work that they put in to make our dreams come true. I highly recommend Jerry Tanzania Tours.
- Natwoody00Must use tour guide, kilimanjaro!This was an amazing experience. I can't recommend this tour company enough! Jeremy and his tour guides were fantastic from start to finish, professional and courteous. Nothing was too much hassle and they were always happy to accommodate any requests from our party. Our whole party of 13 made it to the top of kilimanjaro and safely down, this was all thanks to this special team that aided us through out. Thank you all so much.
- kathrynhJ6216RQ00A once in a lifetime experience with the best support crew ever!I cannot recommend Jerry Tanzania Tours highly enough. They help you to build the perfect trip for you and are incredibly responsible and flexible in answering all your questions as you build up to your trip. Climbing Kilimanjaro is a pretty big deal and although these guys have been up and down the mountain many times, they never forget that for you, it's a very real and personal challenge but also a special and potentially once in a lifetime experience. They are friendly, supportive, safety conscious and respectful. We were given every opportunity to take as many photos as we wanted and our guides, Eric and Brighton, were usually in most of them as well! We did the 7 day Lemosho route which is beautiful with amazing and varied scenery and gives you plenty of time to acclimatise. It's challenging as well but you wouldn't be doing this if you weren't trying to challenge yourself. The team that supported us thought of everything and our tent was comfortable and we had so much good food to eat thanks to our excellent chef MK. The trip is full of extra little touches such as a cup of tea to wake you up, hot water to wash with and someone to dust your boots or carry your bag that last mile when you are beginning to stoop. If you can afford to, I would recommend going as a smaller group because it will feel all the more personal and special thanks to Jerry and the team. And if you can... add on a couple of days of safari at the end to really complete your Tanzania experience. Jerry Tanzania will help you with that as well and apply the same personal and caring touch to making your trip a once in a lifetime amazing memory!
- jeewanale00A Tanzanian Adventure of a LifetimeTaking on the challenge to ascend the Roof of Africa was on my bucket list. Jerry Tanzania Tours made it possible by facilitating our journey, offering comprehensive support from airport pick-up, guiding us to the summit, and ensuring our safe return to the airport. Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, our group was expertly guided, ensuring our safe and triumphant summit. The Jerry’s team’s passion, knowledge, and dedication shone through every step, enriching our journey. From tales and lore of the mountain to delectable meals, every detail was meticulously handled. They made sure that we weren’t just climbing a mountain, but truly experiencing the rich Tanzanian landscapes, wildlife, and traditions. The support staff, from the porters to the chefs, made sure our journey was comfortable. We were greeted with delicious meals that catered to our dietary needs and preferences. A heartfelt thanks to Jerry Tanzania Tours for making our Kilimanjaro experience unforgettable. Highly recommended for genuine Tanzanian adventures!
- 868freddiel00Fantastic would recommend everyone looking to have a great experience climbing the mountain.The experience of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro was a once in a lifetime experience, for our group Jerry Tours was instrumental in that. They were nothing short of fantastic; from the guides who not only helped up the mountain but were engaging and very friendly. We managed thanks to their help to get all 13 of us to the top, whole groups making it to the top are rare and our success is testament to the guides at Jerry's. The porters who did an exceptional job taking the equipment and supplies we needed up the mountain (and to our slight embarrassment they were much quicker then us with even more weight.) Lastly, I want to mention Jerimiah if any of you choose Jerry's tours, I hope you have the good fortune to be helped by him, not only friendly he was extremely helpful. Organizing transport for us to the various locations we wanted to visit around the local area at very short notice as well as being able to accommodate transport to and from the airport at different times.
- StefanP120900Wonderful experienceWe were a group of two families: 4 parents and 3 children aged 8, 9, and 10. We traveled on a wonderful 9-day safari organized by Jerry Tanzania. Before choosing to work with Jerry Tanzania, I did a lot of internet research, combing through Google results and reading reviews and advice on several sites. After early interactions with a few candidates, Jerry Tanzania bubbled to the top as my first choice. Suffice it to say that this turned out to be a *great* choice. At every step of the journey, from itinerary design, to adjustments in reaction to new needs, to the safari itself, our experience with Jeremiah, Shirima, Michael, and the whole Jerry team was wonderful. Throughout the pre-booking phase, Jeremiah was super patient as I asked questions, sometimes even springing new constraints on him (e.g. flight schedules). A typical safari might be shorter than ours and will include one more park than we visited (we didn’t go to Serengeti). It is a testament to Jeremiah's flexibility and expertise that he was willing and able to design us an unusual itinerary that gave us more time in each park, fewer hours each day in the car with the kids, and a wonderful experience altogether. Jeremiah listened to my ideas and incorporated some of them, but he was also able to say when they didn't make sense. Overall we got very friendly, effective, responsive, and personalized communications. The day before our safari began, while we were staying in Arusha, Jeremiah and one of our guides, Shirima, personally came to see us. Not only that — one of our suitcases had been lost by the airline, and they personally went to the airport and retrieved the suitcase for us. They even had to negotiate with the airline employees...amazing service. In that meeting, we arranged logistics for the morning departure and discussed preferences and expectations for the whole trip. This gave us comfort and confidence about the trip. We stayed in 3 lodges: 3 nights in the Tortilis Camp Tarangire, the Escarpment Lodge near Lake Manyara, and Lion’s Paw Camp at Ngorongoro. All were wonderful. Our favorite was Tortilis, where we could hear animals outside our tent at night, but never felt unsafe. Every time I ventured outside the tent, for example to watch “bush television,” someone from the camp staff ended up joining me and making my stay even better. Once we played drums together, another time our son got to practice throwing a Maasai spear! It was the people on staff who made Tortilis our favorite. Lion’s Paw has a beautiful facility, very friendly staff, and great food. Actually they all had great food. The mornings at Lion’s Paw (2200m elevation) in August can be very cold! The only thing that could have been slightly better about our trip was that we had some short (~30min) delays when entering the national parks. Evidently we had paid our park fees so long ago that the exchange rate had changed, and now the amount paid was listed as one dollar too much — something the parks’ computer systems had trouble dealing with. The first time this was a surprise to all of us, and certainly not anyone’s fault from Jerry Tanzania. By the third time I did feel like maybe it could have been anticipated and dealt with by phone before we arrived that day. For two families we had two safari vehicles. Though we could have crammed into one large vehicle, this was another recommendation from Jeremiah that I would definitely pass on to others with a similar size party. It gave us flexibility, for example for one car to head back to the lodge early if someone was feeling tired. Thanks to Jeremiah and Shirima and Michael, we did shorter game drives than you might with a typical all-adult party. That said, I was surprised at how long the kids remained engaged every day. They loved the animals. They enjoyed taking their own pictures. They loved being able to stand up in the vehicle as it drives through the bush. Not until our last day did anyone express a wish to go back early. If you measure the success of your safari by how many different animals you see, ours was a complete success! We saw two cheetahs eating a fresh kill. We saw lions mating. We saw a lone buffalo chasing two lions away. We saw the Big Five and many more. My favorite less-well-known animals were the Serval Cat and the Secretary Bird. Our guides, Shirima and Michael, were excellent. They were knowledgeable, flexible, accommodating, friendly, everything you want. It was also evident that they really love the animals and the nature in their country, and that they enjoy their jobs. This of course was contagious. I’m not sure if they frequently get families, but they were perfectly happy to accommodate children’s specific needs such as needing more frequent bathroom stops. After we arrived back in Arusha, Jeremiah came to see us again and collected feedback about our experience. I was delighted to see that he was listening to how things went and thinking about how he might adjust his recommendations for others in the future. I felt that the overall experience with Jerry Tanzania was very human. It always felt like we were listened to and watched out for by experts, but even more than that, it felt like we were connecting with real people who also saw us as people, not just customers. Overall I can only express a hearty, unconditional recommendation for Jerry Tanzania. I don’t write a lot of reviews on the internet, but the experience with Jerry was so good that I want to do what I can to reward that!
- leelasrin00Trip of a lifetime, made extra special by Jerry Tanzania ToursOur Kilimanjaro climb was the trip of a lifetime, and Jerry Tanzania Tours helped make it special throughout! We were a party of two women and we felt extremely comfortable and well cared for throughout our climb. Jerry met with us before and after our climb to make sure everything was in line with our expectations. The entire crew, from our driver through our trekking guides to our cook, waiter, and all the porters were incredibly courteous and caring. I felt like their only goal throughout was to make sure that we made it to the top, safely, with proper acclimation and that we enjoyed the experience.
- Brad W00The Best - But Bring a Jacket!This was the highlight of our Serengeti experience! Bring a jacket because it is very cool when you start but warms up as you get airborne and the sun comes out. Frank, our pilot, is very experienced and knowledgeable. He showed us scores of animals including a huge group of hippos! The post flight English breakfast was very well done too and capped off an amazing Africa morning - we were on our way to other adventures by 10:30am.
- Pioneer5812326449100Peaceful serenity hot air ballooning over Serengeti!We were skeptical because it is pricey, but they exceeded our expectations with service, expertise, champagne and breakfast after flight and knowledge of area. Chief Pilot was so knowledgeable and we felt very safe! Love the peace and quiet as we listened to animals and birds below and experienced this amazing time! We will never forget!
- FrancineClement00Amazing experience with personalized serviceWe started looking for a private safari of about 10 days in Tanzania and 4 to 5 days relaxing in Zanzibar. As this was not our first safari, we contacted several tour operators (TO) with a sample itinerary we found on the internet. While most of the TO were only interested in our budget or responded with a price for the exact sample itinerary, Jerry Tanzania Tours was the only one who requested to talk to us in person to suggest changes and discuss options. Over a time period of about 2 weeks we talked multiple times via WhatsApp to Jeremiah Kimambo of Jerry Tanzania Tours and developed an itinerary for our dream safari. Only then we discussed price. Even after we agreed on a price we made additional changes without problems. The first question Shirima, our guide asked us, at what time we wanted to be back at the lodge, at 4 PM to take advantage of happy hour or stretch the game drives as long as possible, we answered, we are here for the nature not for the swimming pool. This set the tone for the best safari we could have dreamed off, including amazing viewing of the big migration of the wildebeest. Shirima turned out to be a fantastic safari guide, he was able to explain particularities of all the birds and animals we encountered, obviously this included the big five, and answered all our questions with a smile. Jeremiah of Jerry Tanzania Tours organized a flawless safari vacation. The dedication and knowledge of Shirima our guide, made this an unforgettable experience. We do recommend a few days of relaxation after a hectic safari, Zanzibar is fantastic. If we come back to Tanzania we definitely will again use the services of Jerry Tanzania Tours, and we will insist to have Shirima as our guide.
- Kara K00Amazing ExperienceThis was the the best experience I had so far in the Serengeti. Tony our guide and captain Frank were so entertaining and professional. The pilot made us feel comfortable the entire time. Views were amazing and I loved seeing the herd of zebra. Very early morning but 100 worth it.
- 1234MikeF00Once in a lifetime experienceMy friend and I made it to the Roof of Africa. It was a true test. We went with Jerry’s Tanzania Tours and we were completely satisfied. They answered of our questions through out the entire climb. The guides were knowledgeable and very sympathetic to our needs.The guides were very positive and motivated us to reach the summit.The chef prepared excellent food and kept us well fed at all times. The porters were friendly and tentative to our needs. This is why it's worthwhile going to the top with Jerry Tanzania. They can be trusted to look after clients’ interests and safety. They are proud and thorough in their service and it shows.
- Ltuck1600Great servicdI came to Tanzania to climb Kilimanjaro and the service was excellent by my guides. I joined a random group and they were great people to be with. We summited and it was a great overall experience.
- klc62400Excellent Safari ExperienceHad an excellent safari experience with Jerry. I went with Jerry bc he was the most responsive and was quickly able to arrange a custom safari based on what I wanted in my limited time (one night outside Ngorongoro, one night in Ngorongoro, two nights in Serengeti) and comfort level (luxury). Also arranged pickup at JRO and dropoff at Seronera Airstrip to go to Zanzibar. Everything went smoothly during planning. Safari was also very smooth. Shirima my guide was lovely and a very nice person. Saw 4/5 of the big 5 (the rhino is elusive), lions mating, cheetahs eating, and many other cool things. He always tried to get an optimal viewing spot, seemed to know where to find the animals, and was very knowledgeable. He also took binocular videos for me which was cool, since I didn't bring my camera and only had my phone with me. Overall a great experience, thanks!
- Passport6221153109700Very Professional ExperienceI had a quarter life crisis and booked this trip five weeks prior to start date. Jerry from the get-go was 10/10 with their communication and support leading up to the trip. Every single staff member is phenomenal at what they do. I personally appreaciated the support shown prior to leaving the hotel for the mountain where an equipment check is done to ensure you will have everything you need for the trip. The rental equipment is top quality and I ended up renting a sleeping bag, trekking poles, and an extra jacket. It feels counter-intuitive to pack such cold-weather gear for Africa but I am telling you it is COLD COLD COLD after Day two. My best tips for summit night is to have a downloaded playlist with motivational music, a downloaded David Goggins podcast or any other podcasts that pre-occupy your mind. Our guides Willy and Zephania were 10000% professionals and so helpful and caring. Our waiter Ringo was always looking after every need. The porters were extremely kind and athletic. Another tip is to bring extra snacks, I loved being able to share my candy and granola bars with the team as a small token of gratitude to the hard work they put in to make our trip memorable.