Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1FesStop: 6 hours -Your excursion will start out of the city up on two culminant towers that offer a panoramic view of Fez in general; Southern Borj (Tower) was constructed by sultan Ahmed Al-Mansour and Nothern Borj that has been transformed to a museum of arms. A little bit beneath, there is the grandiose ruin of Merinides graves, which also offers a magnificent view over the entire city. . Walking through the alleys the list of monuments annonces : - Fes el-bali: Explore the old medina: By far the best to do when visiting Fes is to explore the markets in the old part of the town. Start from one of the main doors of the medina. This area is the most touristic area. For those looking for the true Moroccan history, culture, and handcraft, venture down into the labyrinth like streets; on top of the colourful displays of traditional Moroccan clothes, shoes, and pottery, further down the market it becomes almost like a live museum, with people hand crafting everything from plates to wooden tables. - Al-Qarawiyyin Mosque and University are located at the bottom of the steep hill decline leading from Bab Boujaloud. For well over 1200 years, Al-Qarawiyyin has been a leading spiritual and educational center in the Muslim world. Built in 867AD, the Al-Qarawiyyin mosque was one of the medieval period’s most distinguished universities. UNESCO has termed this the oldest university in the world, so it is definitely worth a visit. - Tannery: Fes is famous for its clothing and fabrics, and the tannery is a demonstration of just where all of this comes from – with a strong smell and intriguing, colorful views, the tannery tells a story of the creation of everything from purses to dresses, and even bags. Afterwards, you will no doubt be shown a variety of products created from this very tannery and its wonderful resources. - The Old Madrasas : Madrasa means school in Arabic, and there are many old and historic madrasas in Fes. One is located just next to the Qaraween mosque. Another example of the fine Merenid architecture, Madrasa Al-Attarine has stood since 1325 and boasts a beautiful courtyard displaying the intricate decoration of this period. Another Madrasa is Madrasa Bou Inania, and is the finest of Fez’s theological colleges. Built between 1350 and 1357, this Madrasa recently underwent renovationUnique to this school is its mosque, complete with a green tiled minaret: another stunning piece of architecture. - Mellah (Jewish quarter):The Mellah is a great insight into the once vibrant history of Judaism in the city. Home to the gold market and some of the best antique furniture shops, the Jewish quarter is tucked away near the gates of the Royal Palace. This atmospheric part of the city also hosts a beautiful synagogue with a collection of objects portraying Moroccan Jewish life, as well as a Jewish Cemetery. - Visit a Hammam: With over 250 hammams dotted around the city, Fes is indeed one of the best places to enjoy this traditional Moroccan experience. Sometimes off-putting to the western visitor, a visit to a hammam, or local bath house, will involve stripping down and lots of naked bodies, although males and females are separated. Typically, a masseur – also naked – will scrub you down very intensely, giving you what will no doubt be the most thorough wash of your life.Read more
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999