Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak
By Private Jewish Guide Lithuania
This is a unique tour with a litvak Ema Segal. Ema was born and raised in Vilnius in the 80s. This insider look is a 3,5-hour walking tour around the two Vilnius ghettos. We will follow the traces of Jewish life in the old Jewish Quarter where the Great Synagogue was built in 1633 and the house where great Gaon of Vilnius used to live and study. You will hear a story about the manifesto and the fight of Jewish partisans. We shall also walk into the Choral synagogue, and explore a very old mazzes-making machine there. I will show you a few buildings where Jewish printing houses, fliur mills, money exchanges, jewelry shops used to be. This tour will give you a good feeling what life was like in Vilnius before WWII and what role the Jewish population had in this city and beyond. I will also share my personal experience of growing up Jewish in the post-Soviet Lithuania. This private tour is suited for 4-5 people group. Which allows for an intimate two-way communication.
per group (up to 4)
per group (up to 4)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Local taxes: all included in the fee
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entrance fees: 1eur donation to go into the synagogue
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Vilnius Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Vilna Gaon Monument
- Entry/Admission - Vilnius Jewish Library
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Gaono gatvė, Gaono g., Vilnius, 01131 Vilniaus m. sav., Lithuania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Visų Šventųjų gatvė, Visų Šventųjų g., Vilnius, Vilniaus m. sav., Lithuania
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 90950P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak?
- Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak price starts from ₹ 13,061.02. Discover and book Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak cancellation policy?
- Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak?
- Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak is hosted by Private Jewish Guide Lithuania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Private Jewish Guide Lithuania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Jewish Vilnius Walking Tour with a Local Litvak on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 90950P1
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atGaono gatvėOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Vilnius Old TownStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Vilna Gaon MonumentStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Vilnius Jewish LibraryStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll end atVisų Šventųjų gatvėVisų Šventųjų g., Vilnius, Vilniaus m. sav., LithuaniaSee address & details
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
A knowledgeable and agreeable guide
I came to Vilna with my three children to see the city in which both of my parents were born and lived in prewar Po…
Jewish Vilnius Private Tour
This tour will allow you to visit places and learn about the old and current situation and concerns regarding the J…
What a wonderful and memorable tour!
Ema Segal was our guide, and I couldn't be happier about the whole experience! She was very knowledgeable about th…
Private Jewish Tour of Vilnius and visit to the Grand Choral Synagogue
When we were in Vilnius we went on a private jewish tour through Viator. This was an excellent tour which was made …
Private Jewish guide tour in Vilna
The guided tour was a 10+. Ema conducted the tour professionally, combined with a very personal touch, relating to …
Ema is the BEST!!!
If you do anything in Vilniu, do this tour! It is worth so much more. Emma has a wealth of knowledge and her Engl…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Oct 2019 • Solo
I can not say enough good things about Regina Kopilevich. She was my guide during my visit to Lithuania this past Oct. We visited Kupichok and Sedova,the shtetlach where my father and grandparents were born and spent a day at Jewish sites in Vilnius. She also found unknown family names and information searching my family names at the National Archives. One trip to Lithuania was not enough to explore my roots. I will use Regina again when I return to Lithuania in Spring 2020.
Written 25 November 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.