This tour combines a stroll through all 3 floor levels of the Great Market Hall, guiding you through a food section, with opportunities for tastings, and a non-food section both of which embody the rich Hungarian heritage and culture that is expressed through foods and artifacts such as embroidery, porcelain, clothing and the arts & crafts.
You will pick up fresh ingredients for your cooking class and sample Hungarian specialties. The tour is about 90 minutes long.
After the market tour your host will call a taxi and come over to our apartment, cook the dishes you chose (soup, main course, dessert) and eat together what you have cooked. You will finish around 3 pm.
Here are the menu items you can choose from:
• Central Market Hall, Vamhaz korut, 1-3, Budapest 1093 Hungary
• Culinary Hungary Home Cooking Class and Market Tour, Forint Street, Budapest 1024 Hungary
• Goulash soup with homemade pinch noodles
• Bean soup with smoked meat
• Ragout soup with tarragon
• Chicken paprika with homemade nokedli noodles (Like Spaetzle)
• Stuffed cabbage rolls with sauerkraut
• Hortobagyi meaty pancakes
• Hungarian pancakes
• Cottage cheese balls
• Poppy seed bread pudding
• Floating island - Runny vanilla custard served with cooked egg white islands