View all photos (105)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
Prague’s Castle District is one of the true highlights of the Czech capital, so make sure you see the area’s most interesting features on a walking tour. Avoid aimless wandering while learning about the complex and fascinating history behind Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, and the Golden Lane, and take in some of the best views in the city from Charles Bridge.
You'll start at
Jan Palach Square
nám. J. Palacha, 110 00 Staré Město, CzechiaYour Prague Castle and Castle District Walking Tour starts at Jan Palach Square in front of Rudolfinum. Look for the SANDEMANs NEW Europe team with a red t-shirt and red umbrella.
See address & details
- 1Palach SquareStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 2Vltava RiverStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 3St Nicholas ChurchStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 4HradcanyStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 5Schwarzenberg PalaceStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 6St. Vitus CathedralStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 7St. George's BasilicaStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 8Golden LaneStop: 25 minutes -See details
- 9Prague CastleStop: 25 minutes -See details
- 10Charles BridgeStop: 5 minutes -See details
You'll end at
119 08 Prague 1, CzechiaYour Prague Castle and Castle District Walking Tour usually ends in the Prague Castle Gardens, overlooking the Old Town.
See address & details
- See the best of Prague’s Castle District with a guide
- Admire the views from the Black Tower and Charles Bridge
- Learn interesting trivia about one of Europe's largest cathedrals
- Great introduction to Prague for first-time visitors
Jan Palach Square, nám. J. Palacha, 110 00 Staré Město, Czechia
Prague Castle, 119 08 Prague 1, Czechia
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One-way tram ticket (approx. 24 CZK). We kindly ask you to purchase it in advance to ensure that the tour runs smoothly. Tickets are sold through yellow vending machines at metro stations, at ticket offices located at some metro stations, at some newsstands and at tourist information centres.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children up to 13 years old are welcome to join this tour for free but they will also need a transportation ticket. We reserve the right to ask for a valid ID for children joining our tours.
- Near public transportation
- The independent guides who employ us to market their tours have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 3 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group.
- Unfortunately, we do not recommend this tour for wheelchair users.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that we won't visit St. Vitus's Cathedral during the tour as exhibitions and indoor areas at Prague Castle are closed due to coronavirus. Thanks for your understanding.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Hands down, the best walking tour I’ve done. We visited the old city, stopped for a beer and all learned a lot. Our guide was a local called Katerina who was full of insight and passion about the history of the city and its people. She was a brilliant story teller and I learned…
I did two tours: a free walking one and Prague Castle. Katerina, our guide, was just great: informative, emotional, with great humor. Handled fairly large multi-national groups very well - made sure noone got lost, kept everyone involved, shared her love to the city. Overall,…
So I had Brandon, and he was a fantastic tour guide. Entertaining and well informed. Always made a point of talking to each member of the group and learning a little about them. The sites along the tour were awesome. I'd definitely recommend it.
Date of experience: October 2019
We did the Free Prague Walking tour with Andrea. She was fantastic. We started in the Old Town Square and ended in the Jewish Quarter. She was very informative and a great story teller. I would highly recommend using Sandeman. Please be generous with your tips
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague
We went on this tour even though it was pouring with rain and the Castle and Cathedral were closed due to the Coron…
Nice 3 hour walking tour around the castle
This is good option for people who have limited time and want to take a quick your around the castle. Please keep a…
Perfect day trip to Kutna Hora
It was a perfect weather to when we traveled to Kutna Hora. Pavel was knowledgeable about the history and such a jo…
As tour was cancelled I appreciate a refund
I did no have the chance to cancel online therefore please process the refund due to cancellation corona-virus.
Tour of the city
Katrina our guide was fantastic and very informative and such a funny lady we really enjoyed the tour would definit…
February 2020 visit
This is the only free walking tour I could find. There was quite a lot of people in our group. We stopped half wa…
Awesome Historical Tour with Paris
Paris was a fantastic guide who made Prague’s history come alive - and gave us a venerable list of recommendations …
Amazing tour with Paris
Paris was our lovely tour guide through Prague's rich communist history.Clearly knew a lot about this wonderful cit…
Paris in Prague
We did the Prague walking tour-Old Town, New Town, and Jewish District with Paris (our guide’s name!) Paris was inf…
Old Town Walking Tour with Paris
I had a great time! Paris was friendly, knowledgeable and brought the city to life. Would recommend.
Great day trip out of Prague
Pavel was our guide and he was very knowledgable and had some funny stories to throw in there too. Tour was well or…
Our guide, Petra, brought passion, information and incredible knowledge
Wonderful experience in March 2020 with Petra, our guide, who knew and continues to learn on a daily basis the horr…
It was a great day ! Andy, our guide, amazed us and shared his passion for Prague - and kutna Hora. We discovered…
Free walking tour
Brilliant free tour led by Nicolo, very informative....get is definitely right about the astronomical clock. Well …
Brilliant and must to do tour. Get great insight into the maginificient castle of Prague and the Castle district wi…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999