Start your private tour at 9am at your preferred location in Dunedin.
You will have a local tour guide offering you a small personalized tour to suit your interests.
Otago is home and the locals are passionate about its unique natural beauty, wonderful wildlife and rich heritage.
There are a range of options for you to enjoy. Whether you are keen on: wildlife viewing, a quick tour of our lovely city, a visit to our amazing wildlife sanctuary, or exploration of Otago Peninsula with Albatrosses and Yellow Eyed Penguins.
You can also choose one of train trips to see the beauty of the Taieri Gorge, Otago countryside! our guide is committed to making your visit to Dunedin a memorable one.
You will have at least 5 hours of sightseeing with a knowledgeably driver - guide in a very comfortable van. You will have a tour tailored for your group.
Our suggested itinerary:
Scenic drive from Port Chalmers to Dunedin City
• Baldwin Street - the world's steepest street
• Signal Hill Lookout point - an amazing way to get an overview of the city and area
• Upper Botanic garden stroll (20-30mins) - Bird Aviaries & Rhododendron Dell
• Northern Cemetery to introduce people to Thomas Bracken and show Larnach mausoleum
• Otago University
• Knox Church
• George Street & Octagon
• First Church
• Dunedin Railway StationAfter City Highlights enjoy the most breathtaking scenic drive via Highcliff Road on Otago Peninsula. There is an option to stop at Larnach castle (Castle and gardens extra charge $34pp or gardens only $16pp)
Scenic drive to Taiaroa Head, the only mainland Royal Albatross colony in the world.
While at Albatross centre, there are options how to spend 1 hour there.
• Free time. Ideas how to spend: go down to Pilot’s beach where seals can be seen, if it is windy enough watch albatrosses gliding outside, or enjoy ocean views with lighthouse on the other side. Time for some drinks and food at the cafe or look at the display about wildlife
• 1 hour Albatross guided tour (extra charge $54pp)
• 1 hour wildlife cruise (extra charge $55pp)
• 1.5 hour tour of Penguin Place (extra charge $55pp)Scenic drive back to Port Chalmers via Portobello Road.
Please note, if you choose any extra options you need to notify us in special requirements so we reserve spaces for one of the wildlife guided tour options.
Larnach castle entry and/or wildlife options to be paid extra on arrival.