Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch. Wander the Monavale Gardens with its pretty ponds and water features, then drive through the city centre, once filled with historic buildings and architecture, now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. See for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
You will visit both the botanical garden in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Then travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
This tour also includes entry to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve with a guided tour of the reserves ‘Natural New Zealand’, which illustrates some of the species that make up our totally unique native wildlife, our flora, and our culture. Here you will see some of our most endangered species, including the kiwi and learn about the work being done to preserve them.
• Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Christchurch Botanical Gardens,
• Mona Vale House and Gardens
• Sign of the Takahe with magnificent views over the entire city from the coastline to the mountains
• Port Hills and Lyttelton Harbour
• Sumner Beach and township
• Willowbank Wildlife Reserve and Tour
• Kiwi viewing
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.