View all photos (7)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You’re probably wondering what makes this tour a little fancier than some of our others with similar itineraries? Well, it’s pretty simple – along with a number of extra-special itinerary inclusions, the biggest difference is you'll stay in comfortable twin-share hotel accommodation. That’s right: say au revoir to busy budget dorm rooms – you get a twin-share room to lay your head down each night. Haka Plus Tours are great for couples or friends who are travelling together. If you’re travelling alone, we’ll match you with someone for an instant road trip pal! Or if you’d prefer a room to yourself, that’s no trouble at all. You have the option to upgrade to a private room as well. We kick off in Auckland and 20 days later we wave goodbye in Christchurch. Along the way you’ll get to see some of the most breathtaking scenery New Zealand has to offer. This includes national parks, rainforests, hidden pools, UNESCO World Heritage Areas, and probably more beaches than you have toes.
Auckland to Coromandel
Coromandel to Raglan
Ragland to Rotorua (via Waitomo)
Rotorua to National Park (via...
National Park to Wellington
Wellinton to Kaikōura
Kaikōura to Christchurch
Christchurch to Ohau (via Lake...
Ohau to Queenstown
Queenstown to Wanaka
Wanaka to Franz Josef
Franz Josef to Christchurch
Christchurch Post Tour Debrief
Auckland, New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: Ensuite guaranteed
- Ride one of the most scenic ferry journeys in the world, the Cook Strait Interislander.
- Take in the stunning Southern Alps and the vast Canterbury Plains aboard the TranzAlpine Train
- Soak up a sunset cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges.
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting.
- Cycle and cruise your way through Queenstown’s Mt Nicholas and Walter Peak Stations.
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef.
- Small groups of maximum 11 people
- Meals are at own costs - unless specified
- Additional activities such as horse riding
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Haka Tours
I was a bit anxious about going solo. I need not have worried as I was with a wonderful group and tour leader. Th…
A fantastic holiday destination
Joined a tour 24 Epic adventure tour with Char it is amazing. Still have 10 days to go. There have been only 2 o…
Best tour I have ever done. Highly recommended for al.
Super lovely group of people. Our tour guide was excellent. I really enjoyed the cultural aspects of the tour (for …
Awful service all round
They let you pay the full amount then cancel your tour because they don’t have enough bums on seats. Which I get if…
A worthwhile experience
I was really lucky to have an amazing group who made the trip extra nice. We got to see a lot of things local and t…
Great tour with a great group
The tour was generally well organised. I particularly liked the Maori village experience because it was not a touri…
I would definitely recommend it!
It was such a good tour!! I loved it!! Our guide was so nice, patient and had a good sense of humour! We could ask …
I did the 16 day tour that starts in Christchurch and ends in Auckland. I had a wonderful time and everything was…
Beautiful country, but a mixed tour and cheaper alternatives
I did the epic 24 day tour with Benny as our guide (and Burto for the first 3 days) - we were so lucky to have bea…
7 day South Island Lick
A fantastic way to see the best bits of the South Island. Our guide Michelle was awesome, so friendly and made ever…
7-Days of fun
Great tour! Customer service (by Mary and Marie) were excellent from start to end, be it it terms of enquiring ab…
Great intro to the beautiful North Island
We had a really enjoyable time on our North Island tour over the summer holidays and NYE. This was a great way to s…
South Island Lick Tour
Highly recommend this tour - had a great time and the guide was fantastic. The length of the tour was 7 days which …
It is a trap
It is a VIP backpacker tour (no tents). According to my experience, if you are a budget and not pretentious tourist…
Best bang for your buck
Truly enjoyed every experience of this 2 week excursion. I would highly recommend Haka for any tour of New Zealand.…
- Haka Hotel Newmarket, Coromandel Forest Park, and 28 more
- Duration: 20 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999