A fun day out to Sovereign Hill for people of all ages! Enjoy a sightseeing coach tour around Ballarat, learn about the history of the area and marvel at it's beautiful old architecture. Travel to the site of the Eureka Stockade where the 1854 Miner's Rebellion was held.
Arrive at Sovereign Hill, a recreation of a typical gold mining town from the 1850s and enjoy hours of free time to experience and explore this interactive place. There are many activities for those of all ages:
• Gold panning at Red Gully Creek
• See blacksmiths and traditional craftsmen at work. Perhaps create your own candle
• You must try some of their famous homemade boiled lollies!
• Try award winning pies and sausage rolls at the New York Bakery
• Buy souvenirs and homewares at the General Store
• Visit the Chinese Village
• Watch the Giant Crushing Battery
• Ride on a stagecoach
• Watch and pose for a photo with the locals dressed in clothing from the era. Even see kids at school just like in those daysChoose between a tour only or upgrade to include a delicious lunch and drink at the New York Bakery. If you are interested in visiting the Ballarat Wildlife Park, choose this option including a guided tour and entry to Ballarat Wildlife Park. Ballarat Wildlife Park is a great place to get up and close to Australian animals such as koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils and the very cute Patrick the Wombat.