This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Experience spectacular views of the Akershus Fortress followed by truly stunning views of the Oslo city hall and the Royal Palace. Take a trip to the Holmenkolm ski jump and be rewarded with the breathtaking views over Oslo. Your last stop on this excursion will be to the Vigeland Sculptural Park where you can experience sculptural art at its finest created by the hands of Gustav Viigeland. On your return to your ship you will drive through the local town of Frogner, one of the most notorious places in Oslo.
- You'll start atOsloOslo, NorwayYou will be met by a Cruising Excursions representative at the port, the representative will be holding a sign with the Cruising Excursions logo.See address & details
- 1Akershus FortressStop: 4 hoursExcursion itinerary: - Leave Oslo port - Visit the Asherkus Fortress - Outside visit to Oslo City Hall - Royal Palace - Storting Building - National Theatre - Holmenkollen Ski Jump - Visit Vigeland Sculpture Park - Travel through the residential area of Frogner - Return Oslo port Clients will be met at the port by a Cruising Excursions representative. The representative will be holding a sign bearing the Cruising Excursions logo. Your half-day tour of Oslo starts with a visit to Asherkus Fortress. Built in the 1290s to protect Oslo, it has also been a prison. It's now a military area, but is open to the public. An outside visit to Oslo City Hall is your next stop. A striking, modernist building, it houses the city council, city administration, and art studios and galleries, but is best known for hosting the annual Nobel Peace Prize. You will then make your way to the Royal Palace, built in the first half of the 1849 as the Norwegian residence of the French-born King Charles III of Norway, and the Storting Building, seat of the Norwegian parliament. You'll also see the grand National Theatre, often seen as home of the plays of Henrik Ibsen. From here, your tour will continue to the Holmenkollen Ski Jump, which was built in 1892. Since then, the arena has been continuously improved and has now been rebuilt and the old ski jump has been replaced with a new and more modern ski jump. During the first week in March the Holmenkollen Ski Festival takes place, with World Cup Competitions in ski jumping and in cross-country skiing. At the ski jump you can enjoy a spectacular view of Oslo and the fjord below. The final stop on this tour Vigeland Sculpture Park - or, more accurately, the Vigeland Installation in Frogner Park. The sculpture area covers 80 acres and features 212 bronze and granite sculptures all designed by Gustav Vigeland, all symbolising the different stages in the life of mankind. You will walk together with your guide through the park and the coach will meet you at the other end to take you through the residential area of Frogner, back to the port in plenty of time for your cruise ship's departure.Read more
- You'll end atOsloOslo, NorwayYou will be met by a Cruising Excursions representative at the port, the representative will be holding a sign with the Cruising Excursions logo.See address & details
Returns to original departure point
- Cruise Port pickup and Drop Off
- Local Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and Drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Joining instructions and starting times will also be sent through Viator Messaging Portal.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Cruising Excursions
Do not miss the chance to go here. This is the most fantastic place and should be listed by UNESCO. The people we…
A great insight into local culture
Highly recommended tour in a modern minibus small group. The locations were excellent with plenty of time for phot…
We visited Timanfaya National Park on an excursion booked by our cruise line. The views are just spectacular and th…
i own a travel company and I am very thankful to have partner with cruising excursions to book and arranged all my …
From getting off the tender port in Cannes to getting on the Coach, our tour guide was so helpful and so informativ…
Excellent for cruisers
Picked up a coach from the port centre and taken to the site with guided tour at the site you could follow the guid…
Have really gone downhill
Recently booked several tours with Cruising Excursions based on some great experiences a year or two ago. Not sure…
Beware of their misleading descriptions
The first tour described as “Panoramic City tour of St Petersburg with freetime” was initially as expected - a coac…
My Wife and I booked 5 excursions with Cruising Excursions for a Celebrity Cruise. Dublin,Belfast,Liverpool, Cork a…
This was a great tour, but it was so crowded that we didn't have time to go up the hill. Others did and they waite…
Shore Excursion - City Highlights & Three Swords, Stavanger
This was a most enjoyable excursion which lasted 3 hours. The first part of the tour was by bus during which we …
We have just used Cruising Excursions.com for an excursion to Pompeii during our cruise. Very highly recommended. …
Maria our tour host was beyond fabulous when taking the transfer from the port to Rome return. She sorted out a pro…
Cruise trip with husband Canaries 10 nights
This was our first cruise we chose to book our trips independently and I must say what a brilliant company everythi…
Look Elsewhere for a Tour Company
Athens and Acropolis tour.- We had a guide that was very poor, rude, lots of political commentary and was unable to…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999