Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 4-99, max of 70 per group
Duration: 2h 20m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English
What's not included
- River Cruise
- Fortress Railway (ascent and descent)
- Best of Mozart Fortress Concert
- Entry/Admission - Best of Mozart Fortress Concert
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Departure details
- Franz-Josef-Kai 1a, 5020 Salzburg, Austria at the landing station Marko-Feingold-Steg (foot-bridge with love-locks)
- Festungsbahn, Festungsgasse 4, 5020 Salzburg, Austria After the concert the Funicular Railway brings you back to the city, Festungsgasse 4.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 14981P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- At concert dress code smart casual, no shorts, no T-shirts
- Notice: The concert hall (only Golden hall) unfortunately does not provide disabled access for people with limited mobility.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise on Tripadvisor
- How much is Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise?
- Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise price starts from ₹ 6,022.33. Discover and book Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise on Tripadvisor
- What is the Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise cancellation policy?
- Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise?
- Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise is hosted by Best of Mozart Fortress Concert. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Best of Mozart Fortress Concert on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Best of Mozart Concert at Fortress Hohensalzburg with River Cruise on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 14981P9
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atFranz-Josef-Kai 1aFranz-Josef-Kai 1a, 5020 Salzburg, Austriaat the landing station Marko-Feingold-Steg (foot-bridge with love-locks)See address & details
- 1Salzach RiverStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 2Best of Mozart Fortress ConcertStop: 100 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atFestungsbahnFestungsgasse 4, 5020 Salzburg, AustriaAfter the concert the Funicular Railway brings you back to the city, Festungsgasse 4.See address & details
About the operator
Best of Mozart Fortress Concert
Joined in October 2015
#3 of 16 Theatre & Concerts in Salzburg
- X3800TImiket00Not what we expected!The meal, which was average, started at 6pm, as per the booking information, to allow 2 hours to eat before the concert started at 8pm, but large groups arrived after 6.30pm. By 8.15 when the concert began, the concert hall, a 2 minute walk from the restaurant, was only half full. Throughout the first half of the concert the music was continually interrupted, as groups of people entered the relatively small hall, and were shown to their seats. The one good aspect was the quality of the musicians who were exceptional - when they could be listened to without interruption!
- YooperGirl100Beautiful Salzburg - through music and foodThis was one of our favorite nights from our trip. We booked the ViP package - mainly for the view at dinner - and we were not disappointed! Breathtaking! The meal itself was delicious, and the service was attentive and fun. The musicians put on a truly lovely concert and the location cannot be beat. Although this is certainly a “tourist experience,” don’t let that put you off. You’ll be treated to fine meal, in a gorgeous setting, followed by a first class musical performance. Our group ranged in age from 16 to 70, and this was evening we’ll all remember.
- Dreamer4114682026000Great music and locationWhat a great location to listen to beautiful music, would recommend and plan to return. My teenage girls enjoyed as well
- F8324FWdorism00Mouthwatering. Mystical. Mozart. Music.This was a wonderful experience in the castle. We had a luscious dinner and dessert which gave one the true “flavor” of Salzburg. The Best of Mozart concert featured exceptional musicians and was a relaxing way to end our evening. Highly recommended.
- rachelk44000Fortress visit & concert are unforgettable!Our boat tour was short as the river was too shallow for the boat to venture further. When the water depth is better the boat tour is probably better than we experienced. However, the commentary is interesting so we still enjoyed it. Afterwards there was a short walk through the beautiful streets to the cable car. Directions are clear and easy to follow. Exploring the fortress is fantastic. The sheer scope of it is awe-inspiring. For the meal we sat at a window overlooking the city. The food was good but not has phenomenal as the rest of the evening. From there we moved to the cozy concert hall a few floors up in the fortress. This was spectacular, something that won't be forgotten. Would definitely recommend this event.
- Nadine69200A true Salzburg experience!This is a wonderful experience to have in Salzburg! We really enjoyed the whole plan, the meal was delicious, the concert was lovely and in a special area of the castle. If you plan to arrive a little ahead, there is a good chance you see the sunset from the fortress, quite special!
- Alison5200Disappointing.Were somewhat underwhelmed by this experience. Admittedly we visited on a cold rainy and windswept evening so were unable to fully appreciate the exterior areas of the castle. The actual dining room was however warm and cosy and stylishly furnished with linen tablecloths etc.. The food was, however, mediocre to say the least. The soup was watery with absolutely no flavour and the chicken also pretty tasteless. Our main grievance however, concerned the fact that for the concert we had paid an extra £20 to sit in the 'first seven rows'. On arriving, however, we found that there were only eight rows in total and our 'reserved' seats were on the seventh. Based on the overall experience I would, in future, choose one of the many other Mozart concert experiences on offer in Salzburg and visit the castle as a separate trip.
- Kinsman_Clan00Beautiful musicLovely evening listening to very talented musicians playing beautiful music in a fantastic location. The concert was about 2 hours with a short intermission. Worth the time and money.
- Robyn D00Mozart Concert Hohensalzburg Gold ClassIt was absolutely fabulous. We were a little unlucky as a big storm rolled in and we could not sit outside but other than that we enjoyed the food, the wine and the concert. Would recommend the VIP Gold Tour to anyone who wants to attend this. Although it sounds expensive it isn’t really considering it includes a three course meal, a bottle of wine ( red or white), the concert ticket, the complimentary glass of Prosecco at half time and the funicular railway up to and back from the fortress. Worth every dollar as far as I am concerned. Amazing artists and great time had by all.
- X2616GKnicolab00Magical eveningWhat a fabulous venue and professional well rehearsed musicians! The programme and tempo was varied ranging from Mozart to Strauss with a Dvorak Slavonic dance and a pizzicato polka brilliantly in synch. Bravo!
- Todd R00Fun mix of activities that will be energizing and relaxingGreat mix of activities bundled together for a very fun dress up afternoon and evening. A river cruise, vertical mountain lift ride up to Salzburg Fortress, dinner looking over the sunset and Bavarian alps, followed by a live Mozart string concert. We went for VIP so probably the dinner at “just ok” keeps this only to 4- star, but overall the river boat was short but fun and offered a different vantage of lovely Salzburg, lift ride pretty cool, picture taking opportunity on the fortress pre-dinner incredible, and musical concert very high quality in super cool small cozy concert hall at the top. Seeing Mozart sites earlier in the day cool, but hearing Mozart played live by highly talented musicians just awesome. All in all would recommend the tour.
- U4978SXheidig00Skip the cruise, enjoy a great dinner and concert!We did the River cruise, dinner and concert. The cruise was just ok - it was very hot and uncomfortable. Additionally, it was challenging to see the things they were pointing out because there were awnings of some sort at the top of the side windows. If you weren’t sitting right next to a window, you really couldn’t see the sights. We would not do this again. However, the dinner and Mozart concert were fabulous! Dinner was at the Panorama Restaurant, which overlooks Salzburg and the mountains. We had an amazing view of the landscape as the sun set. The food was good and our waiter was great. Afterward, we walked up to the Hohensalzburg Fortress for the concert, which was fabulous - very, very talented musicians! Our advice: Skip the River cruise, go all in on dinner and concert.
- 813janni00Good performance but over priced for the limited songs they performed.The performers were excellent but the concert only lasted about 40 minutes. I actually thought it might be an intermission. At the beginning one of the performers announced something only in German so I had no idea what she said. They need to add English. Never heard the names of the songs and didn’t recognize any of the songs. Probably only worth half the price. I even paid extra for the tickets but ended up in the last row even though there were some empty seats up front.
- apmm6700An evening of beautiful music in a storybook setting.After a busy day touring the city of Saltzburg, we ended the night with a fantastic concert in the Fortress. The setting is outstanding and the music was just fantastic. We saw “The Best of Mozart” program.
- Joan E00Beautiful evening; wonderful experience!Thoroughly enjoyed our Golden VIP Dinner & Concert. The host/ owner treated like guests in his home. The service during dinner was very good, the food was above par, and the chamber orchestra very professional. Wonderful evening!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2023 • Couples
Absolutely fantastic! Would definitely do this again. Make sure to take some time before the concert to wander around the Fortress!
Written 28 September 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.