Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atOutdoor-tours.comOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mexilhoeira GrandeStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 2Mount FoiaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3CasaisStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4Outdoor-tours.comStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll end atOutdoor-tours.comR. Francisco Bívar 142A, 8500-132, PortugalThis is on the main street in the village of Mexilhoeira Grande. This small village is conveniently located between Lagos and Portimão, has a train station at 15 minutes walking and various buses. It is easy to recognise by a large blue door 4 mtrs high and our orange triangle logo.See address & details
Outdoor-tours.com, R. Francisco Bívar 142A, 8500-132, Portugal
Returns to original departure point
- transport up the mountain from Mexilhoeira Grande (09h30)
- free return transfer to Lagos or Portimão
- lunch with fresh orange juice (around 12h30)
- clean and well maintained Mountain Bike Giant 29-er
- safety helmet in various sizes and EN 1078 certified
- qualified and multi-lingual mountain bike guide in front of the group
- support vehicle following the group
- cold and bottled water during the whole day
- a free drink at the end of the day in our office (around 15h00)
- liability and personal accident insurance accordingly to Portuguese licensing law
- official Portuguese Outdoor Adventure License (RNT 61/2007)
- therefore guaranteed fun with 15+ years of experience riding the best trails in Serra de Monchique
- Extra drinks other than included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The main language used by the Bike Guide will be English
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The downhill trip was an excellent day out on good bikes, mostly on a mix of trails, dual-track, single track, unpaved road and a little paved road. The tour leader was well informed about the surrounding terrain and natural features, sharing that info with the group at…
Date of experience: December 2019
Response from Frank K, Owner at Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia
Responded 2 Jan 2020
Dear Paul, thanks so much for your helpful feedback and we are looking forward to ride again with you in the near future. Happy New Year and happy riding ! Best regards, Frank
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Outdoor activity Monchique
Day-filling activity with a perfect guide, Great to do with teens, Defenitly worth the money, I would recommend to …
East Algarve Family cycling weekend
Frank really helped with the whole trip even the minutest details. The route plan was brilliant with kids. We even …
Lovely day trip
We had a great day with Vasco on a day trip up to mount Foie and Monchique. Very informative and a nice way to see…
Great Biking Day Out
I had done a previous ride with back in 2013 and enjoyed it, so booked this bike tour again for myself and 3 mates …
Downhill Cycle Ride
We did the ride down from Foia. It was very enjoyable with an excellent guide. It wasn’t too strenuous, even in 30 …
Amazing experience with brilliant guides
So much fun to do, and the guides were exemplary, keeping the group together, helping the whole way along and the v…
Since there were six of us we knew we would need some activities to keep us occupied and came across the Mount Foia…
We booked the trip via our B&B in Silves (Tapada do Gramacho; also a wonderful place we can really recommend) and w…
By chance on the same tour as previous writer VMCCCC ....great trip, lunch en route. Good route, and excellent bike…
Great day out!
Great team with very good gear. The 45 km down hill route was a very nice way to see Algarve. Our family with two …
Brilliant Downhill Day
Such a great day (18 / 9) thanks to Tom and Mark and the rest of the group. Its a great route downhill along quiet …
DOWNHILL LEISURE BIKE RIDE
Just a few words to say thank you to TOM and MARK who took us out on this excursion there were 4 of us one of which…
Mountain Bike Hire in Portimao
Hired two MTB's for 4 days to get some exercise whilst away. Thomas and Frank provided a 15 mile route to tour the …
best days of the holiday!
Best days of the holiday according to our 12 year old and I think the whole family agreed. We booked the sea kayak …
Must do trip if you like MTB'ing
Great off road track with enough little stops to relax and listen to some nice 'must knows' about the area. good bi…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Dutch, Portuguese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 118 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia
What time does Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia start?
Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia on Tripadvisor
How much is Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia?
Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia price starts from ₹ 5,362.79. Discover and book Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia on Tripadvisor
What is the Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia cancellation policy?
Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia?
Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia is hosted by Outdoor-Tours.com. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Outdoor-Tours.com on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Monchique Downhill Off-road Bike Ride from Mount Foia on Tripadvisor