Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (19)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You’ll have 2 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Samaria Gorge National ParkStop: 6 hours - Admission excludedThe tour includes the hike through the gorge of Samaria, from its starting point in Xyloskalo by the White Mountains to the coastal village of Agia Roumeli in the South coast. Important note : The hike is 16km long and strenuous, on a mainly stoney terrain, which makes the tour suitable only for guests that are fit, exercise regularly and have some experience in walking long distances. Other than that, good knees - because of the steep downhill - and suitable shoes are the most important factors in order to enjoy the day. It does not have to be hiking boots, as long as they are solid with a reasonable grip, rubber soles, preferably with a good ankle support too All participants are required to read and sign an assumption of risk waiver, acknowledging the inherent risk involved in the hiking tour before the tour begins.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Talos Square, Theotokopoulou 63, Chania 731 31, Greece Kriti Hotel, Nikiforou Foka 10, Str 731 00, Greece
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to the Gorge and one-way ferry ticket to Agia Roumeli (17 euros per person) payable directly to the guide in cash on the day of the tour
- Entry/Admission - Samaria Gorge National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As the trail is long and strenuous the activity is only suitable for participants that are in very good physical condition and health, are fit and exercise regularly and are familiar with long hikes
- Please bring your own snacks and water with you to keep up with the hike until the lunch stop
- Minimum age is 10 years
- The entrance fee to the Gorge and one-way ferry ticket to Agia Roumeli (17 euros per person) payable directly to the guide in cash on the day of the tour
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
I knew I wanted to hike the Samara Gorge while in Crete. And after reading up on it I was confident I could make it their on my own, but I wasn't sure about navigating the ferry and bus to get back to Chania. So I elected to sign up for this tour mainly for transport, and it…
This trip saved our holiday, as the weather generally wasn't good, but on the day of the gorge walk, it was perfect. Great guide and well organised trip. The walking was exactly as we expected and luckily we took the correct foot ware (others didn't), as some sections were…
Date of experience: October 2018
What a wonderful hiking trip, the most amazing scenery and though it is long, not too difficult or hard (almost purely goes downhill)... but expect your feed and legs to be spent in the end 🙂 Our guide, Linda (Diktynna Travel), was the best guide I've had on any trip so far.…
We found this tour on the internet and decided to go with it. First of all, the hike is a ton of fun, although it is a difficult and long walk, it is gorgeous and worth it! Secondly, our tour guide, Sonya, was amazing. She was respectful of those in our group who could not walk…
Date of experience: June 2018
Read 8 more reviews on Viator
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Taste of Crete - Market to Table
historical therisso village
it was a great trip!!! the stop at hut with the goats with grappa!!the guide was real theat very knowledgeable!we h…
We loved the Chania area.
Getting out from the city and exploring the country side and villages with our guide driving the van was a real tre…
What A Suprise
My family and I went on the Eastern Med cruise and had the time of our lives. This was a picture taking tour if I e…
Plan to return.
Our cruise ship docked at the port of Souda which I believe is about 10 kilometres from Chania centre. Local buses …
Diktynna Travel and cooking with the amazing Stella!
On our Eastern Mediterranean cruise, we had a port day in Chania, Crete and wanted to do something different. Bein…
Chania and Almiryda Bay - soak up the atmosphere!
The area of NW Crete, from the lovely Almirida Bay, up to and including Chania, seem to offer everything I look for…
A visit to Chania and surroundings
My wife and I have just returned from 11 days on Crete. We have spent our holidays in a small village of Platanias,…
- Duration: 13h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999