• General public, of all ages, who seek a first contact with the olive oil sector and olive oil tastings and/or want to choose products to buy.
1st – 10 min, theoretical-practical, hand out of the olive oil wheel of flavours and aromas
• Presentation of the olive-growing in Portugal: regions of the olive oil production and different olive tree and olive varieties;
• Introduction to the Olive Oil Wheel of Flavours and Aromas;
• Theoretical considerations regarding the classification of olive oil: Olive Oil, Virgin Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
2nd – 20 min, practical, olive oil tasting dishes, olive oil tasting glasses
• How to taste olive oil – sensorial analysis;
• Guided tasting of 4 olive oils with different intensity and complexity of flavours and aromas, representing Portuguese olive oils;
• Sensorial Analysis of a Premium EVOO, using professional methodology with the blue or red tasting glass, establishing posterior comparison with a general extra virgin olive oil or a virgin olive oil with sensorial defect.
3rd – 10 min, tasting, moment for socializing
• Olive Leaf Tea
• Canape of olive tapenade
• Olives in flavoured olive oil
• Oliva & Co, Rua Ferreira Borges 60, Porto 4050-252 Portugal