Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra
After pick up at the hotel in Coimbra, we will go to Figueira da Foz. We will visit Praia da Claridade, one of the favorite beaches of the Portuguese. After taking a walk on its white sand and taking a few pictures, we will go to the salt pans. We will enter the Núcleo Museológico do Sal to know everything about salt and see first hand how it is produced. Before returning to Coimbra, we will cross the fields of Baixo Mondego, where you will be surprised by the extensive corn and rice plantations. Following these roads, we will arrive at the Castle of Montemor for a short visit. Located in a strategic place on a hill, its walls have witnessed numerous struggles between Muslims and Christians. Before finishing, we will indulge your stomach with the tasting of the typical Tentúgal pastry, one of the 7 wonders of Portuguese gastronomy. This sweet, strictly linked to the life of the convents, perfectly combines ingredients as classic as sugar, cinnamon, eggs and puff pastry.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-90, max of 8 per group
Start time: Check availability
Portuguese, English, Spanish
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Cabo Mondego Viewpoint
- Entry/Admission - Nucleo Museologico do Sal
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Montemor o Velho
- Departure details
- ViajePortugal - Meeting point, Av. Emídio Navarro 21, 3000-201 Coimbra, Portugal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 88472P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra?
- Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra price starts from ₹ 6,708.69. Discover and book Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra on Tripadvisor
- What is the Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra cancellation policy?
- Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra?
- Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra is hosted by ViajePortugal. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact ViajePortugal on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Figueira da Foz by rice paddies and salines, half-day from Coimbra on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 88472P9
- You'll start atViajePortugal - Meeting pointAv. Emídio Navarro 21, 3000-201 Coimbra, PortugalSee address & details
- 1Cabo Mondego ViewpointStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Nucleo Museologico do SalStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Castelo de Montemor o VelhoStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Tour from Coimbra to Aveiro
Our family very much enjoyed the visit to Aveiro to ride the boats and our guide was very friendly and happy to ans…
Charming Aldeas de Xisto
Charming villages, Aldeas de Xisto, that we visited. Xavier was a great company and provided lots of interesting in…
My wife and I were looking for an opportunity to bike and see the less urban areas of Portugal. This trip exceeded…
Ruins and local cheese
We had a great afternoon exploring Conimbriga and the surrounding area. I highly recommend this tour and our guide …
Rainy day with our Lady of Fatima.
Tour guide arrived on time was extremely informative and helpful. Unfortunately the weather was not the best, it w…
Great Tour and Wines
Great tour. Experienced the local cuisine and some do the best wines with an awesome guide. It’s a must. You will d…
Javier was great. He’s knowledgeable and very pleasant. On the way he pointed out sights along the way, including …
Very nice introduction to art of wineproduction
Very well guided detailed tour to Frei Joao and the tasting. The smell within the cellars. Xavier was introducing u…
Roman ruins but so much more!
Everything was perfect from the booking to the collection to the tour. Our guide was very knowledgeable and provid…
Highly recommendable wine tour
We ordered a wine tour in the Dao Valley, and are very satisfied with both the service and the visit at the winerie…
Great tour with a super guide
The tour did not dissapoint! We went to beautiful locations in a comfortable car. Xavier was a great guide, very fr…
top notch day
The highlight for us was our guide, Xavier. he went above and beyond what would one would expect, especially since …
A terrific and enjoyable way to travel from Coimbra to Porto
What began as an efficient travel solution turned into an exceptional experience! We were staying in Coimbra witho…
Amazing Visit to Schist Villages
Xavier was a wonderful guide. He spoke very good English and provided a lot of insight into the villages and surrou…
An incredible day in the Douro Valley
We were picked up at our hotel and driven up the Douro Valley. Xavier arranged visits to three different cellars, a…