Four hours long, the excursion starts from Florence, where you will be picked up at the meeting point. Your driver will then take you out to the Tuscan countryside, where the truffle hunting will happen.
Upon arrival, the guests are greeted by their host at our Welcome Center for a brief walking tour of the historic property.
Then you will be introduced to the hunter guide, who will explain to you how the research of the little smelling stones works, and will also introduce you to the “leading character” of the story, the “truffle dog”. The relationship between the truffle hunter and his loyal dog is going to leave you spellbound.
You will walk through the woods with your dogs and the master truffle dog, and this is the most fascinating part of the route, where you can see the dogs in action. While you can only smell the scent of the woods, the dogs will smell the truffle and provide you with the main ingredient of your lunch or dinner!
Yes, because the tour gets its climax with a salivating “all truffle” lunch or dinner prepared together at the cooking class after the hunting, where you will be able to taste many local products, some good wine, and a lot of fresh truffles.
• Lesson on how to recognize and search for Truffle with an English speaking translator
• 1 hour of truffle hunting with a professional guide that will teach you the technical information about truffle. You will learn why they are fundamentals in the slow-food movement and how to use and keep them.
• Lunch or Dinner with Tuscan products.
LUNCH/ DINNER MENU:
• Appetizers: Tuscan salami and cheeses, Bruschetta (Bread with Olive Oil), and snack.
• First Course: Truffle lasagna with meat sauce
• Second Course: Roasted meat with potatoes and vegetables
• Dessert: Cantuccini with Dessert Wine
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Truffle Olive Oil
• Pepper Hot Olive Oil
• Balsamic Vinegar Selected
• Brunello di Montalcino D.O.C.G.
• Cabernet Bartolomeo Riserva I.G.T.
• Merlot Baldassarre Riserva I.G.T.
• Syrah Cavaliere Riserva I.G.T.
• Vernaccia of San Gimignano D.O.C.G.
• Chianti D.O.C.G.
• Chianti Classico D.O.C.G.
• Chianti Classico Riserva D.O.C.G.
• Vino Nobile of Montepulciano D.O.C.G.
• Red of Montepulciano D.O.C.
• VinBeato - Dessert Wine