View all photos (30)
Book by April 9 to save 15% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
Named after the mountain range between Cavaillon & Manosque, the Luberon a Provençal patchwork of hilltop villages, vineyards, ancient abbeys & mile after mile of fragrant lavender fields. A rural region that makes time for the good things in life – especially food & wine. Nearly every village hosts its own weekly market, packed with stalls selling local specialities. Visit Roussillon, Menerbes, Lacoste, village of the Marque de Sade’s 11th century château, impressive public artworks & quaint tiny houses. In 1771 the Marquis fled Paris to escape the scandals created by his erotic writing. The château belongs to Pierre Cardin. Journey on through Bonnieux to Gordes, the ancient beehive-shaped village des Bories passing through the Luberon massif & cliff-lined Combe de Lourmarin into the village of Lourmarin itself. Once a quiet farming town, now its streets are lined with design shops, galleries & boutiques. From walking around town, you can't miss the Renaissance Château de Lourmarin.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Gordes CastleStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Marche Hebdomadaire de MenerbesStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Chateau de LacosteStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Chateau de LourmarinStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop off in different locations incl Avignon, Aix & Marseille including rental villa.
- Time is allowed to stop for lunch, at your leisure, but the cost is not included. We are happy to make recommendations.
- Admission to historic sites
- Entry/Admission - Gordes Castle
- Entry/Admission - Marche Hebdomadaire de Menerbes
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Lacoste
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Lourmarin
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Cruise ship passengers - not recommended if arriving and departing same day Port of Marseille (due to timings)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
What a wonderful day out! The Luberon is absolutely stunning, especially Ménerbes. Chris and Laurent's planning was just perfect and they are super friendly and full of local knowledge. Everything was taken care of so we could just relax and enjoy the moment. Thank you…
Date of experience: May 2019
Response from oohprovence, Owner at The tiny hilltop villages of the Luberon - from Gordes to Lourmarin private tour
Responded 14 May 2019
Thank you and so happy you enjoyed your visit - we hope to welcome you back to Provence again soon.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
My daughter and I had the opportunity to visit Avignon in early January, and Chris was an excellent guide. He was …
Great Tour of the City
I made a last minute detour to Aix-en-Provence in February, hoping to explore Cezanne's footsteps and the city. To …
Aix, Lisle sur de la sorgue, Gordes, Avignon, San Remy, La Beaux, Arles, wine tasting
They should wear Superman capes because Christopher came in and saved the day, two actually. When I was in a bind a…
Overnight visit, saw the church on the hill overlooking the town. Beautiful church, fabulous views og the area
A wonderful introduction to Marseille.
Christopher is my idea of an ideal tour guide - personable and knowledgable, with a clear love for both the city an…
Enjoyable & Informative
All three of us enjoyed our tour of old town Avignon. Laurent was a great tour guide! All three of us enjoyed our …
Very informative excursion
Avignon's history, local culture & the wines of Châteauneuf du Pape private tour is very informative excurtion, The…
Fabulous Tour of Arles and the Camargue
This was a fabulous tour - from exploring the history and architecture of Arles to enjoying the nature and beauty o…
Excellent opportunity to visit a walled city
Funny thing to say, but I remember singing the song in school about the bridge and the visit to see the bridge comp…
Chris is the best guide!!
Anyone who wants personal attention and to learn the history of any city in Provence needs Chris as their guide! He…
An Amazing Experience
My visit was one of the highlights of my recent trip to France. I wish I could have stayed all day. The sculpture …
A Magical Day
We had a lovely day touring 3 very different vineyards and wine makers in Chateauneuf du Pape with our tour guide, …
A fantastic day!
Laurent was a great guide to the region of Chateauneuf du Pape, not only introducing us to some great vineyards but…
One of the best private tours I've ever taken. Christopher is beyond phenomenal. His keen photograhic attention to…
Do not hesitate to book a tour with OohProvence!
Christopher was a wonderful tour guide. By the end of the day we felt like we were driving around with an old frien…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999