View all photos (18)
Book by April 10 to save 15% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Les Baux de Provence clings precariously to an ancient rocky cliff. A fortified hilltop village one of the most visited in Provence & easy to understand its popularity, narrow cobbled streets, ancient houses run up to a ruined castle. Where the Baux family ruled from the 9th century 'til 1426 when it was integrated into Provence, subsequently became part of France in 1481. Later the people revolted against integration & Louis XI responded by dismantling the château. Our visit explores the village & château. Next to Carrières de Lumières, one time 19th century quarry Les Grand Fonds. In 2019 it exhibits works of Vincent Van Gogh spanning 7,000 m² of the Carrières. A visual & musical production retracing the intense life of the artist, who in the last years of his life, painted more than 2,000 works. Next visit nearby Saint Rémy de Provence. Village, surrounded by lush valleys, ancient streets lined with old houses and built on one of the oldest archeological sites in Europe.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Site Archeologique de GlanumStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2St. Paul de MausoleStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Chateau des Baux de ProvenceStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Carrieres des LumieresStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- We allow time for lunch - at your leisure in either St Rémy or Les Baux and happy to make recommendations to you
- Admission to historical sites and museums listed (you may choose one or all of those suggested )
- Entry/Admission - Site Archeologique de Glanum
- Entry/Admission - St. Paul de Mausole
- Entry/Admission - Chateau des Baux de Provence
- Entry/Admission - Carrieres des Lumieres
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cruise ship passengers - not recommended if arriving and departing same day Port of Marseille (due to timings)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
My daughter and I had the opportunity to visit Avignon in early January, and Chris was an excellent guide. He was …
Great Tour of the City
I made a last minute detour to Aix-en-Provence in February, hoping to explore Cezanne's footsteps and the city. To …
Aix, Lisle sur de la sorgue, Gordes, Avignon, San Remy, La Beaux, Arles, wine tasting
They should wear Superman capes because Christopher came in and saved the day, two actually. When I was in a bind a…
Overnight visit, saw the church on the hill overlooking the town. Beautiful church, fabulous views og the area
A wonderful introduction to Marseille.
Christopher is my idea of an ideal tour guide - personable and knowledgable, with a clear love for both the city an…
Enjoyable & Informative
All three of us enjoyed our tour of old town Avignon. Laurent was a great tour guide! All three of us enjoyed our …
Very informative excursion
Avignon's history, local culture & the wines of Châteauneuf du Pape private tour is very informative excurtion, The…
Fabulous Tour of Arles and the Camargue
This was a fabulous tour - from exploring the history and architecture of Arles to enjoying the nature and beauty o…
Excellent opportunity to visit a walled city
Funny thing to say, but I remember singing the song in school about the bridge and the visit to see the bridge comp…
Chris is the best guide!!
Anyone who wants personal attention and to learn the history of any city in Provence needs Chris as their guide! He…
An Amazing Experience
My visit was one of the highlights of my recent trip to France. I wish I could have stayed all day. The sculpture …
A Magical Day
We had a lovely day touring 3 very different vineyards and wine makers in Chateauneuf du Pape with our tour guide, …
A fantastic day!
Laurent was a great guide to the region of Chateauneuf du Pape, not only introducing us to some great vineyards but…
One of the best private tours I've ever taken. Christopher is beyond phenomenal. His keen photograhic attention to…
Do not hesitate to book a tour with OohProvence!
Christopher was a wonderful tour guide. By the end of the day we felt like we were driving around with an old frien…
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999