This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
You will begin your visit to one of the most amazing Art Museum’s of the world by entering the imposing Hall from where all the galleries depart. We start with the Egyptian and Greek Treasures especially, of which the Louvre is particularly endowed. The classical triumphant symbols of Greek Naval Power like the Winged Victory of Samothrace is particularly representative. In the Venus de Milo you have the essential elements of Greek classical style, with their sublime proportions, perfect harmony and outline: the three essential elements of Greek classical art.
You will move swiftly through the Assyrian and Babylonian halls. The Assyrian discovered by Botta the archeologist, with the English Layard suspecting that a whole world lay buried beneath the mountains of sand. Sensational discoveries of the 19th century still continue to be made.
After the magnificent Apollo gallery with French jewellery galore, you will then enter the European Halls rich with French, Burgundian, and Italian art. From there, we may once again return to the artistic revelations of the French Power of the Sun King, Louis XIV and later Napoleon.
The Italian Rooms resplendent with the works of Botticelli, Mantegna, Veronese and ultimately Leonardo Da Vinci are in full view, with the smiling eyes of Monna Lisa, the Florentine, who was the beautiful wife of Signor de la Gherardesca. Was she or was another Madonna hidden behind her name?
The discoveries go on, confronting Josephine Beaurnais kneeling in front of Napoleon, the just crowned Emperor of France, waiting for her crown.
Splendour and power can be seen through these corridors, which are magnificent to contemplate, examine and admire.
Starting your Tour from the Museum’s main Hall and walking towards your first galleries, during your three hour Tour, you will see:
• The medieval Louvre castle
• The Egyptian Sphinx
• The Venus de Milo, among the Greek Statues
• The beautiful Caryatides room
• The Winged Victory statue of Samothrace
• The Crown Jewels in the Apollo Gallery
• The works of Botticelli, Veronese, Mantegna, Leonardo Da Vinci among which is the Monna Lisa.
• The Coronation of Napoleon
• Lady Liberty leading the people by Delacroix
• The Great Odalisk by Ingres
• The Imperial apartments of Napoleon III
• The Assyrian and Babylonian sculptures and low relieves
• The Marly courtyard with its 17th century statues
Duration: 3 hours