6 Day Driftwood Tour starting in Dublin - travelling through County Wicklow to Kilkenny City for the first night, onto Waterford and Wexford, 2 Nights in a 5* Castle Hotel. Onto East Cork for a night with the final night in Kinsale, County Cork before returning to Dublin.
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
• The Wicklow Mountains - Ireland’s largest single area of upland Wilderness.
• The Knockmealdown Mountains and the Golden Vale of Tipperary.
• The Comeragh Drive through some of the least visited Irish mountains.
• The Hook Head Peninsula and the unspoilt ‘Copper Coast’ of Waterford
ENJOY SOME OF IRELAND’S HSTORIC BUILDINGS:
• Kilkenny Castle, St Canice’s Cathedral and the Round Tower - all within Kilkenny City
• Loftus Hall - The most haunted building in Ireland
• Jerpoint Park - Hear the fascinating story of the ‘lost town’ of Jerpoint.
• Altamount House and Gardens - A great example of a Robinsonian style garden
• Blarney castle and gardens - Kiss the world-famous stone or get away from the crowds and explore the extensive grounds of the castle
• Visit the grave of Santa Claus
VISIT SOME OF IRELAND’S ANCIENT HISTORICAL SITES:
• Glendalough, A 5th Century Monastic Site nestled in the Wicklow Mountains
• Rathgall - Ireland’s largest ancient Ringfort
• The Hook Head Lighthouse - the world’s oldest continually working lighthouse
• The Ardmore Round Tower
EVOCATIVE REMINDERS OF IRELAND’S TURBULENT PAST:
• The Dunbrody Famine Ship and the harrowing story of the Irish famine.
• The Ros Tapestry and the story of the arrival of the Anglo Normans in Ireland
• Cobh/Queenstown - Centre of mass emigration and last port of call of the Titanic
A VISIT TO SOME OF IRELAND’S LEADING NAMES:
• Waterford Crystal Factory - The World’s most famous crystal producer.
• Jameson Distillery in Midleton - Arguably the home of Irish whiskey
• Stephen Pearce Pottery - A renowned Irish craftsman
• Kilkenny - Ireland’s medieval capital and only inland city.
• Waterford Castle Hotel - Intimate five star luxury on its own private island.
• Kinsale - Ireland’s attractive gourmet capital
• Ballycotton Bay on the south coast of County Cork