View all photos (81)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay LaterLow Price Guarantee
Discover the lesser-known stories of how the magical world of 'Harry Potter' came to be, on a J.K. Rowling themed walking tour in Edinburgh. Follow your guide to the places and cafes where the beloved author wrote parts of her book before anyone had ever heard of Hogwarts. Visit locations that are thought to have inspired settings in the much-loved books, including Greyfriars Kirkyard and Victoria Street.
- Visit locations around the city which inspired Rowling
- Dig deeper into the life story of J.K. Rowling
- Take a tour that the whole family can enjoy
- Learn about other noteworthy writers of Edinburgh
The Iron Duke, 2 Princes St, Edinburgh EH1 3YY, UK
City Chambers, 253 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ, UK
- If it rains we may seek refuge inside
- The museum of Scotland.
- The bank of Scotland (reputed as an inspiration for Hogwarts)
- Old Parliament Hall
- Ice cream
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Many children have enjoyed the tour, however it's based on Rowling's rags to riches story & so is dark. The more difficulties a person has overcome, the more you can learn from them. This tour has darker stories from Rowling's instructive biography, which I hope will inspire those ready to achieve more.
- The tour is also based on the books, the books have some adult themes which I give credit too, because 'they're just children's books' annoys me. People who have just seen the movies may not be aware of these darker themes.
- Near public transportation
- 6 km+ of up and down walking through Edinburgh's hilly old town.
- Not recommended for people requiring mobility aids, e.g. a stick, 6km of hilly walking is too long. Contact me for a private 2¼ hour tour.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071