Make your way to a central location in Cabo San Lucas, where you’ll meet a guide for a visit to the local spice market and tortillería, where you’ll pick up some fresh corn dough for making tortillas by hand.
Continue to the chef’s home, then prepare a full lunch with a main dish, salsas, sides, and tortillas that you’ll eat hot from the grill. Learn about the culture and context of what you’re cooking, and get tips for reproducing the recipe in your home kitchen. When the meal is prepared, sit down to enjoy what you've cooked.
Menu of the day:
• Monday: Poblano-style mole sauce
• Tuesday: Tamales with chicken, pork, or beef)
• Wednesday: Beef birria in adobo sauce
• Thursday: Baja-style seafood and paella
• Friday: Pork two ways: carnitas and pastor
• Saturday: Tacos with an assortment of Mexican stews