View all photos (60)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Leave the beaches of Ocho Rios behind and discover a different side of Jamaica on this all-levels Blue Mountain bike tour. Coast downhill from 5,600 feet (1,700 meters) and enjoy views overlooking Kingston. A stop at Blue Mountain Coffee and a swim at a secluded waterfall make this tour a great choice for first-time visitors and nature lovers. Plus, hotel pickup and drop-off from Ocho Rios is included.
You’ll have 2 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Blue Mountain Bicycle TourStop: 8 hours - Admission includedYour full-day tour begins with hotel pick-up, followed by a 2.5-hour drive up to Jamaica’s Blue Mountains. The drive takes you along the east coast, past local outdoor markets and a banana plantation, as well as the historical site of the 17th-century Rio Nuevo battle between the English and Spanish. Along the way, learn interesting facts about Jamaica's past from your guide. Enjoy a Cajun-spiced brunch and feast on beignets (deep-fried pastry), banana fritters, scrambled egg, toasts, steamed vegetables, fruits and fruit drinks, as well as world-famous Blue Mountain coffee and teas. After brunch, enjoy a coffee roasting demonstration before you get fitted with a bicycle, helmet and other protective gear, and prepare for a fun, 2.5-hour ride downhill as you coast along the mountainside! Begin the descent from an impressive 5000 feet (1524 meters), take in the breath-taking views of Blue Mountains. The peak of Blue Mountain – the highest point in the entire Caribbean – rises 7,402 feet (2,250 meters) nearby. You’ll descend at a leisurely pace (approximately 5 -10 miles per hour), with plenty of designated picture-taking stops en route. (If you choose the non-bike riding option you will be transported down the mountain by bus, making the same photo stops as the riders.) As you ride down, soak up views of the dramatic tropical forest with its pristine streams and misty slopes, home to the Giant Swallowtail Butterfly and a variety of Jamaican birds, wildflowers and unique plants, including the world’s smallest orchids. After stopping for a late lunch, conclude your tour with a swim at a pristine, secluded waterfall before the return drive back to your hotel.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Explore Jamaica’s Blue Mountains without getting lost with a guide
- An activity-packed tour ideal for riders of all experience levels
- All protective gear—helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads—are provided
- Round-trip transport from Ocho Rios included in this Blue Mountain bike tour
What to Expect
Your morning starts with early pickup from your Ocho Rios hotel in an air-conditioned coach. Learn about Jamaica’s history and culture as you travel past outdoor markets, a banana plantation, and the site of the 17th-century Rio Nuevo Battle. On arrival at the Blue Mountains, stop by Blue Mountain Coffee for brunch and see a coffee roasting demonstration. Next, get fitted with a bike and protective gear and start your downhill ride from 5,600 feet (1,700 meters) up in the mountains. Cruise down the mountainside at a relaxed pace and make several stops at scenic lookout points. Ride through dense tropical forest and keep an eye out for the giant swallowtail butterfly, as well as other native plants and wildlife. After a late lunch, stop for a swim at a nearby waterfall and then hop back in the coach and end your tour with hotel drop-off in Ocho Rios.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica Montego Bay, Jamaica
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided tour along the east coast to the mountains.
- at the Blue Mountain Cafe
- Coffee orientation
- Safety Gears
- Use of bicycle
- at the Blue Mountain Cafe
- Swim at the Cascading Waterfall
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you chose the non-rider option you will be transported down the mountain by bus, receiving the same information as the riders.
- Riding time is approximately 2.5 hours
- Not recommended for children under 6 years old.
- World famous Blue Mountain Coffee, eggs, toast, fresh Jamaican fruits, steamed local vegetable, beignets, and fruit drinks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
What a fun way to spend the day! Be open to an adventure, getting wet, learning about coffee and having fun! It's a long bumpy, windy bus ride from most hotels ( we did make a restroom stop along the way) but the scenery is beautiful and you'll probably see a different part of…
Date of experience: March 2020
The drivers of buses take too many chances with peoples lives. We thought they would get in wreck several times. I don’t care how many times they drive up and down mountain, a tire blow out would be devastating. Who do they think they are? Gambling with others lives is wrong!
The bus driver left us down. We were told to wait for bus driver in the lobby at 7am and we did. The lobby and front desk staff told us the bus driver did not come to the lobby. The bus driver left us down and it cost us $40 US dollars to catch up with the bus. After the…
Date of experience: November 2019
This is an all day tour but worth the time. The ride over is long, but so beautiful. You get to see other parts of Jamaica and the views from the ride up the mountain were unbelievable gorgeous. The ride up the mountain on the bus can be a little scary, but we were all safe.…
Date of experience: May 2019
Response from BMBT, Marketing Assistant at Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours
Responded 20 Nov 2019
Dear 7CSTravelClub Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience you had with us at Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours with others here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you mention that our tour was one of the best you had taken in Jamaica means a lot to us! Thanks for recommending our picture package as this is our aim for all our guests to have uninterrupted fun and adventure, then at the end have pictures of cherish memories. Thanks for assuring other readers that the coach ride was safe as our drivers are professional and experience. Our drivers and tour guides always make it a point of duty to inform our guest about the vendors at the waterfall, just get past them the vendors as you mentioned and take a dip in the fountain of youth. Thanks again for all your positive feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you again on this 'A MUST DO TOUR!'
I was hesitant at booking an all day excursion on my vacation, but I also wanted to see Jamaica outside of a resort setting. This tour seemed ideal. Booked at my hotel through my Air Canada rep (with props to Robert from Blue Mountain who stepped in to give his enthusiastic…
2 Helpful votes
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour
My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our time on this day the guides were very nice and helpfull Robert thank you for …
Picnic operates by same company not worth the trip
Rode on a van for many hours to get to the starting point for the bike tour. The coffee is unique but that’s almost…
Interesting trip get to see a different part of Jamaica. Long ride up there but they stop part way up for rest stop…
SCAM! Stay away
All these reviews are fake. They are a horrible scam. I paid $300.00 to take this tour with my friend and they neve…
Outstanding tour of the Blue Mountains
We actually signed up for the bicycle tour and had to change it to this one. We were truly amazed at our driver Ma…
Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour is unique
This excursion is not for everyone, but we were extremely satisfied with the entire experience. The bus transports…
The ride was long to get there, but the views were breathtaking and so well worth it. Our guide was fun and friendl…
Bicycle tour and coffee demonstration
Beautiful scenery on our way up the mountain. Interesting coffee bean roasting demonstration. Good brunch. Further …
This tour is advertised as 6 years at up and hence we proceeded to book as we gave a very active 6 year old boy who…
Didn’t get to go!
We signed up for this tour through our resort. The tour was scheduled for Sunday morning. Our family of 4 was the o…
Canceled on us w/o any notice
My family had planned this activity at least a month in advance. The day of the excursion we were supposed to be p…
A day in the mountains
Pick up from the hotel was prompt. The bus driver is your guide and is very informative and amusing. After over two…
Blue Mountain Bycicle tours.
Awesome tour. Started at the tour desk with Robert. My wife and I enjoyed every minute of the tour. Our driver Hen…
Manager was incredible!
The tour itself was fantastic, even in the rain it still had tons of great views and the guides were really good at…
Beautiful views, big pressure for tips
It’s about a 2 hour bus drive from Ocho Rios to Blue Mountain. Upon arrival you’ll get a light brunch (veggies and…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Popular: Booked by 497 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 207 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,064 travellers!