Cambridge has many cheap eats for travelers on a budget:
- The Garage - This mini-mall is filled with pizza, ice cream, sandwiches and other basics
- Pinocchio's Pizza - Serving slices for generations
- The Hong Kong - Notoriously greasy Chinese food, but inexpensive.
(note: despite it's appearance as a diner/shack type place, Mr. Bartley's Burgers is actually quite expensive. Potentially worth the price, but not for the budget diner.)
- Middle East - Family-owned restaurant with 3 nightclubs for live music as well
- Picante - Take-out or eat-in Mexican
- HiFi Pizza - Also noted for its late closing hour
- Boca Grande - Gigantic cheap burritos. Also in Kendall Square
- Porter Exchange - A collection of Japanese restaurants - sushi, noodle bars, bakeries and more.
- Bukowski's Tavern - Burgers and dozens and dozens of beer choices
- Punjabi Dhabi - Indian food served buffet style
- S&S Cafeteria - Same as you had as a kid