Travelers interested in spending their time in State College enjoying the outdoors should make a point to check out the following locations and activities:
- Caving and Climbing – The area is known for its excellent caving and rock climbing opportunities. Visitors of all skill levels can find a place to practice these activities.
- Mid-State Trail – This hiking trail runs several hundred miles and crosses right near State College . Visitors can check out a part of it while they are in the area.
- Skilliards – Say what? This sport is a mixture between miniature golf and billiards. There are very few courses where this can be played so travelers should get the experience of the game while they can. The skilliards course is located outside of State College in nearby Millhiem.
- State College Spikes - Visitors interested in enjoying spectator sports should check out one of the games of this minor league baseball team.
- Stone Valley Recreation Area ( http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction... ) – This nature reserve is an excellent location for getting outside and enjoying some local hiking.
- University Park – For a more leisurely outdoor activity, take a boat out on the water at the man-made lake here which includes islands and a waterfall.
Travelers can learn more about these and other sports activities using the Outdoor Adventure Guide provided at http://www.statecollege.com/outdoorad... .