Some important tips when arriving at the airport:
- Before getting in line at customs, purchase your Visa stamp at the bank located in front of the customs area. Currently however, there is NO charge for UK passport holders (Sep 2011)
- The cost of your Visa stamp may vary depending upon the duration of your stay.
- For a 15 and 30 day visitors Visa, expect to pay approximately $25 - 35.
- When collecting your luggage, there are numerous staff who are very eager to assist you so do not be alarmed by the Lebanese charm!
- *** IMPORTANT: If you traveled to Israel and had your passport stamped you will not be permitted to enter Lebanon. There may be ways around this for special cases, so check with the Embassy of Lebanon located in Washington DC http://www.lebanonembassyus.org/.
- Go to http://www.lebanonembassyus.org/touri... They have very accurate tips about Lebanon that you can benefit from.
- Taxis to downtown cost around 20-25$. Agree on the price before getting in the car.
- The best small and cheap hotels to go to are located in the Hamra Street area. This is the best area to be if you want to take advantage of walking around, meeting people, eating good food, all for good prices.