Interested in Montego Bay?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Montego Bay each week.
These tours consist of a drive through the scenic areas surrounding Montego Bay where you can explore the historic plantation areas. two meals are also included. Breakfast is continental-style and takes place at one of the plantations on the tour. Afterwards, you can wander around the grounds of the plantation explore villages in the area. Afterwards, return to the plantation for a Jamaican lunch including a whole roast pig. Complimentary drinks are served throughout the day, which ends around 4 pm with a return trip to town along more scenic countryside. Tours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, and cost US $64. Children are half-price, and children under 5 get in free. A ten-percent discount is offered for advanced orders.
Many different companies offer half-day, full day or evening cruises. For about $35 you can spend the morning aboard a boat the leaves Montego Bay from your hotel. During the cruise, you can participate in any number of activities, ranging from sailing to snorkeling to relaxing on the boat. Other evening cruises allow you to watch a spectacular sunset from the middle of the Caribbean while you are served cocktails and wine. These cruises can often be booked from your hotel, or through the cruise company itself.
You could also take a taxi and go on your own to any place you would like for a day trip. Some day trips from Montego Bay could be
1. Appleton Rum Factory, Black River safari tour, YS Falls
2. Kinsgton (shop ar the Parade like the locals, walk on the streets, check out New Kingston)
3. Negril (check out the various beaches, parasail, rent a scooter in town and ride around)
4. Port Antonio (swim in the Blue Lagoon, take the Rio Grande rafting trip)
5. Dunns River Falls is a popular attraction. You can join the human chain and climb the falls all the way to the top. Or you can lounge on the beach which is located below the falls.