This was our second stay at this resort - but this time we took some non-diving friends. We had the top room/villa - Lumba Lumba - and our friends said that they felt like they had won the lottery when they surveyed the villa, and said they would place the resort well into their top five hotels. We all enjoyed the food (tasty and we thought very reasonably priced); The Spa was tranquility itself and the massages were divine; The staff were friendly, helpful and happy, and they go a long way to making the resort the place it is. A special mention for the gardeners who keep the gardens looking fantastic. Bintang Beer - great, and the ladies loved the cocktails. Bettina - don't change anything! The whole place is a great credit to you!
From the divers point of view, I pay the highest compliment by saying that the dive operation at Alam Anda is one of the most efficient and helpful that we've experienced. The guides did their job well by helping us to locate wildlife that we may have struggled to find, instead of constantly asking us how much air we had left. If you are an experienced diver, that's very important. You want to be treated up to your level, not down to the lowest common denominator. The diving itself is great, and this trip gave us the feeling that this was why we learned to dive 20 years ago! Trawling through our 1500 photos at the moment. It's a photographers delight, especially if you like your macro! Eric and Martin, you have a great dive centre!
Yes, it's a longish trip from the sirport on Bali....but well worth it to be away from the more frequented tourist areas in the south.
One small word of warning. Not about the resort/staff, etc., but more to do with the roads and driving. Don't expect western style driving in Bali! The driving by our standards is eccentric, and sometimes rather scary and we thought dangerous. How there are not more accidents I really cannot answer! Avoid driving anything yourself!
- Also Known As:
- Alam Anda Dive And Spa Resort Hotel Sambirenteng
- Alam Anda Dive And Spa Resort Hotel
- Alam Anda Sambirenteng
- Alam Anda Ocean Front Resort & Spa Bali/Sambirenteng
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alam Anda has been an insider tip for many years and today it almost has a cult status.The hotel consists of nine Seafront-Bungalows, twelve Deluxe-Garden-Bungalows, two Losmen, the double bungalow Ambu Ambu, the two Bahari villas, the villa Lumba Lumba and the villa Purnama.The perfect holiday – the Alam Anda Dive and Spa Resort has the motto:"Our guests are our friends. We wish to indulge them in all aspects: in diving, culturally, culinary and at the Spa - bodily.“Because of this there is, for example, a 30 min. Santai Massage is included. in each 5 day diving package ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Alam Anda Ocean Front Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.