We visited this resort as a couple for the second time this summer. Unlike last time, we decided to try one of the cottages, which were more expensive. Since our last visit the resort had also improved their lot by paving the yard and repairing some aging walls.
What was good:
+ Nice, flexible service.
+ Good food.
+ Clean cottages and general resort vicinity.
+ Boats to the White Island (which you don't want to miss).
+ No disturbances or feeling of unsafety.
+ Easy access to the town thanks to the frequent motorellas.
What needs improving:
* Only cold water showers.
* Flaky TV-signal.
* Very slow Internet.
* Air conditioning as a baseline in all, except the cheapest rooms.
What was bad:
- Some meals were good for one, others for two, which made estimating the prices difficult. Either state how large the meals are in the menu or size them all for one.
- The meal prices had almost doubled since 2010, bringing the price to five times as much as you would get from the town.
- Hidden expenses: a 10% service fee to all meal prices. The prices in the meals should be final and hiding some of the price only irritates.
- Aircon cottage costs 3,500 whereas as a luxury room in Paras Beach resort is 2,800. Therefore you can get a more luxurious experience for a cheaper price elsewhere. Both european prices, though, which is a rip-off by pilippino standards.
Overall, I think Caves Dive Resort is a good place to stay, but overpriced for the value they gives. E.g. best comparison: Kingston Lodge. AC included, private room, good access, safe and clean, 1050php/night. Meals in a nearby mall 60php/person. Therefore I would first check out other nearby places for a better price/quality deal.
The climate is hot and humid. Air conditioning makes a big difference.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC