We had our second trip to the Hacienda this September. We were there the same time last year, and when we got engaged in December, knew instantly it was where we wanted to get married. Arranging our wedding with the Hacienda from London was a breeze - so easy, very efficient and we never once had to visit during the planning phase - everything was very easily managed by email. We were not disappointed when we arrived - the hotel was as glorious as we remembered and we spent the days leading up to the wedding enjoying the sunshine, swimming and having fun with our friends and family - NOT racing around organising tiny details for the wedding - Agate from the hotel had taken care of everything. The food all week, and especially at the wedding was incredible and nothing was too much trouble for the lovely and very polite staff.
We'll be back every year. For a summary, here are some of the high points, and things to know in case they matter to you:
- Attention to detail - for the wedding, attention to detail was incredible - they had thought of things we hadn't, and it was all done to the highest quality and without fuss. Nothing was too much trouble at all. We had the very best wedding imaginable, and our friends and family have all commented on how effortless and fun it was (we danced until 4am - not something you'd ever be able to do in the UK)
- The view - astounding
- The sun deck - great sun loungers, loads of towels, good bar service to your lounger - no reason to leave the hotel!
- The food - fantastic food and a good wine list
- Housekeeping - really good attention to detail - everything spotlessly clean each day
- Breakfast - excellent range. We ate breakfast late each day and then lasted through until dinner (good way to keep costs down a bit)
- Service - very friendly, nice staff, very prompt to respond to requests
Things to know about (not necessarily bad, but good to note if it's important to you)
- The gym - could use updating and it's very small. However, if it's a relaxing holiday you want, you don't want to be in the gym all day. There are some good places you can run or go walking if you don't mind hill and track running
- Wi-Fi - there is free wi-fi throughout the hotel, which is okay, but would sometimes drop out a bit
- Mobile reception - virtually no signal in the hotel or beside the pool. You can get reception if you stand outside in front of reception, but that's not ideal. Again, great for people who really want to get away from it all
- Cost - yes, it's an expensive holiday. But never did we feel like it wasn't money worth spending - we never felt like value for money was bad. You pay for the holiday, but you get full value from what you've paid (especially when it comes to the food - really lovely).
- Bathrooms - could be brought up to date. They're a bit outdated for a 5 star hotel
- Lack of iPod docks - would be a good addition to the rooms
Standard rooms are okay (we stayed in one on our first visit), but upgrading one level made a big di...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC