I visited the Coconut Lagoon Resort in December 2009 and even though after 2.5 year I was compelled to write a review because of the lovely time I had there.
This was my first visit to Kerala with family and Coconut Lagoon was one of the primary reasons, I fell in love with Kerala. After a long drive from the Cochin airport the amazing experience started as soon as we took a boat to the resort. The visitors can only enter the resort by means of the resort boat (was a highlight for my 2 year old son) through the canal which takes you directly to the resort reception. The authentic Kerala experience started as soon as we entered the lobby and were greeted by a warm Kerala style welcome.
We had taken 2 heritage bungalows overlooking the lagoon and the setting was perfect. The interiors were traditional wooden, very neat and clean. Sitting peacefully on the bungalow verandah, looking at the water, doing nothing ...... can become an addictive habit as your experience total bliss.
The good thing was that the bungalows did not have TV’s or wifi connection (when I visited) which gave you a complete peaceful environment. You can however use the TV or wifi in the lobby, which is a great place to meet other guests and interact. There were a lot of activities to choose from and you can take your pick from Kayaking, swimming, speed boating, learning to play a musical instrument, take advantage of the ayurveda spa, or simply take an early morning strole early in the gardens which the staff claim have different trees and many ayurvedic & medicinal plants.
The food at the buffet was a decent spread & the staff was ever polite with pleasing manners.
It was a rejuvenating and peaceful holiday & I would love to return to “The God’s own country” and try out other resorts in the backwaters along with another return to the Coconut lagoon.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.