In September 2007 we had a 12 day stay in Domaine de la Pointe Batterie (Guadeloupe/Deshaies). Attracted by the nice photos on the hotels website, we decided to make a fix reservation for a 12 day stay. This was a big mistake. The hotel claims payment in advance. The “resort” is the worst we ever visited and I want to warn everyone who thinks about going there.
We booked a 4-persons villa, because we wanted our own pool and the nice view. It was a good idea not to take the cheap 2-person rooms, as theses are directly situated at the main pool, where there is a lot of traffic and noise.
When we arrived the guys at the reception told us, that it was low season and the restaurant is closed in Sept/Oct. Unfortunately all other restaurants in Deshaies were closed, too! Good luck we had a car (Sixt car rental). So we went to the next small supermarket for buying food.
Unfortunately there are thousands of mosquitos in the area of Deshaies, and the hotel offers no insect tents or nettings for protection. We had to drive to Pointe a Pitre and buy our own mosquito-tent. Anyway we got hundreds of bites by the mosquitos as they also attacked during the day. None of these toxic pesticide or repellents helped at all, horrible!
+ The only good thing in this hotel is the great view on the bay of Deshaies.
- The habitation needs refurbishment and everything is very dirty and in a miserable state (see the attached photos).
- The toilet, shower and kitchen are a big mess and cockroaches run around everywhere.
- The orange juice you get in the morning is rotten and already turns from yellow to brown.
- The pools are very dirty and the water is not clear.
- When you complain about the situation, the staff is only laughing and reminds you, that you have paid in advance.
- At the weekends the habitation in completely occupied by young people from Pointe a Pitre who are attracted by the private pools. They make party all the night with a lot of noise and alcohol.
- The habitations are very unsafe: On the last day someone of the staff (the person had a key to open our locked door) entered our bungalow during our absence for searching and grubbing our luggage for money. Good luck, we had all our important things like cameras, money, tickets, passports with us.
We had a look at some other bungalows in the resort, but they all were in the same bad state.
Guadeloupe is a really beautiful island, but don’t go to this hotel if you want a good time there.
In case you decide to visit this hotel, make sure you have a mosquito tent with you. You also need a car, as the 2km distance to Deshaies town are a very steep and winding road.
Karl from Germany.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC