We stayed at the El Dorado for one week in April 2012. We stopped in a two-bedroom Bungalow (B1). The apartment was very spacious with two bedrooms. Bedroom One had an ensuite with shower etc. With a second family bathroom and bathtub/toilet etc. Spacious living/kitchen area with a fantastic balcony which had a great view over the "general" pool and the sea which was great to relax on and be able to keep an eye on the children if they were at the pool. We liked the apartment very much: it provided space to relax both inside and outside with great views to both pool areas and the ocean still having its own privacy due to some palm trees between the apartment and the pools. I would highly recommend selecting one of these two bed bungalows, B1 was fantastic but I suspect B2, B3 or B4 would be good especially if you are travelling with children (just keep in mind there is a drop from the balcony, as the wall surrounding the balcony is very low, although this never caused us a problem with our 2 year old you just need to be aware).
The hotel grounds were beautiful with lots of space and free sun loungers in both pool areas. Pools where cleaned daily with the only complaint being that the heating had been switched off at the end of March and the pools where very cold.
The location of the hotel was perfect: on the border of the old town/harbour and the new town/beach strip and next to the shopping centre. There is only a couple of minutes’ walk to both the old town and to the strip. There are many good restaurants in the old town/harbour but I would recommend 2 above all being La Bodega which is down the main road leading to the Old town from the rear hotel entrance and the Italian La Casa del Parmigiano which is just out the main hotel entrance towards the strip and turn right down the hill. If you like snorkelling or diving, I’d highly recommend Playa chica, small beach closest to the hotel which even if you just like a relax is great and very safe for Children.
In conclusion: perfect location, spacious rooms with good views, beautiful grounds.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- El Dorado Puerto Del Carmen
- El Dorado Lanzarote
- El Dorado Hotel
- El Dorado Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Dorado Apartments is a hotel located in Puerto del Carmen, with a long career that has earned him numerous awards.Apartments El Dorado was one of the first hotels and apartments that were built near the port.Our hotel has 81 spacious and comfortable apartments and bungalows, newly renovated one and two bedrooms with one and two bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your El Dorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.