Things to note:
1. Polite, helpful staff:
I reached at 8:00 am and checked out at 10 a.m. the next day - no issues. My room was upgraded from a 3K one to a 4K one - the duplex one. Also, I left some things in the room which were promptly returned on cleaning.
Being a la carte, the breakfast was fresh and delicious. We had continental and all the items were great.
It is fairly clean and well-maintained. Does not have the 'polish' of a heritage place, but that does not matter much to us.
It is located in a quiet street which is nice, but in a perfect world, I would have preferred a place even closer to the promenade. But it's just 1 km from there so does not hurt much. A bike rental place is a 2 min walk and so are the good restaurants and market around.
Overall a nice experience. Recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Welcomheritage Calve Hotel Pondicherry
- Welcomheritage Calve Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a distinctive Tamil street of Pondicherry with red-tiled verandahs and seating platforms, lies La Maison Tamoule. This street was restored under the Asia Urbs Programme. Polished red-tile Attangadi floors surround a pillared courtyard over two floors. The verandahs lead to the rooms with Burmese teak doors and furniture. Light filters through a translucent roof above and the windows in the rooms tint the sunlight with their stained glass panes. This Baroque, Franco-Tamil architecture represents the same fusion as the colonial furniture and Creole food of Pondicherry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your La Maison Tamoule reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.