I couldn't stop saying "wow" at Oxygen. This place is a must see if you are planning a trip to Costa Rica. We stayed their on the first 3 nights of our honeymoon. It is an incredibly romantic setting right in the jungle. The rooms are self-standing, private, bungalows that are glass enclosed so you can see the jungle all around you. Privacy was key for the honeymoon, and even though it was a fish bowl, we always felt like we were alone. There were curtains to draw all around the bungalow for extra privacy too. There is a little couch outside of the bungalow where you can watch the rain during a tropical down pour...so romantic!! I would love to go back.
The entire staff was so sweet and helpful and you could tell they were enjoying working at the resort as much as we enjoyed staying there. Upon arriving we were greeted with the "Oxygen signature cocktail". We sipped our cocktails in the modern, chic dining area situated right next to the infinity pool overlooking the jungle and the ocean. Need I say more? What a way to start a honeymoon.
The food is so good too!! Each night there was a "surprise dinner" that included a salad, a soup, an entree, and a dessert. The first night, we informed them that we don't eat meat other than fish, but somehow they misunderstood and gave us one totally vegetarian meal (which was just sides and nothing to replace the main portion of the meal) and fish. We let it go and asked them to please give us 2 meals with fish the next night, but they made the same mistake the following night. They told us they would take it off of our bill and apologized several times, but we had to remind them to take it off of our bill when we checked out. They got the meal right the 3rd night though! Like I said, the food was excellent.
There is a small waterfall and a little natural pool down a hiking trail on the property. There is so much wildlife in the area and we were greeted by a tucan when we arrived!
They only cater to 24 people at one time, so it's easy to get to know other guests. We had a good time talking to 2 other American couples one night at dinner.
Do not hesitate to go to this place...JUST DO IT!!
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica’s South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 one-bedroom villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.