my husband and I stayed at Latitude 10 for our last two nights in Costa Rica. We had already spent over two weeks in the area and had absolutely fallen in love. While it is a fantastically beautiful place you must be warned that you literally are in the jungle with no doors or windows. The bathroom is so outside that when it rains we had to hold an umbrella and our bug netting around our bed did nothing to keep anything out. Because it is so hot and humid in the jungle and the place doesnt have air conditioning everything is damp all the time including in the bed. This is not a place for people with a weak heart and I warn that even camping is more closed in than this. However the place is stunning. The food is to die for and we met some amazing couple traveling and had an absolute ball. We had our romantic dinner our last night and it was the best food we had in our whole trip. The swimming pool is lovely and you can walk down the beach to find a place to swim, surf or body board. We saw more monkeys, birds and wildlife in those two days than our entire trip. It was absolutely beautiful but also an experience. The staff is helpful with making arrangements and there is internet in the main house. They do housekeeping 2 a day and get the casita set up for night time- I would ask for a fan during the hot season though as its really incredibly humid. We stayed in the Premium Jr Suite and it was beautiful but we could hear and see the road. Not something comforting when you have no windows or doors and we couldnt see the ocean which bummed us out but we did have monkeys swinging around in our outside bathroom. It is in the middle of nowhere however so you would need to rent a car or get ready to spend a lot on a taxi if you want to go anywhere at all. It was a really amazing experience- I'm not sure if we would do it again.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed, yet classy atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.