Following three nights at the JW Marriott (very nice rooms, beach, pools, and food - not AI though), we decided on three nights at the Hilton ---- BIG MISTAKE!
This property should not bear the Hilton brand. Nothing about it lived up to expectations, although the staff was friendly enough.
Diamond status was not recognized, but after requesting an upgrade we were moved to an oceanview in the 300s (front desk did not have authority, we needed to come back two hours later to find it was approved).
The room was "ok". Like the rest of the resort, 3-stars at best. The property is in need of a major renovation. Walls needed paint, doors were missing off of plumming rooms in "hallway". The view was decent of the muddy looking bay. The room was average sized and clean, with comfortable bed.
The resort is relatively small with limited pool choices and no entertainment the night we stayed. We requested even a radio at the all inclusive bar, but nothing was available.
Then there was the food...
As others have already noted, it is not good. Limited choices, poor quality, and the environment was dreary. The buffet restaurant was very similar to a school lunch / camp buffet. After a few minutes we left for the Italian restaurant next door and were told we needed a reservation while 75% of the tables were empty. They allowed us to stay and the food was better (not good).
The next 24-36 hours my wife was violently ill (cramps, vomiting, etc.)
The next day we relayed to the manager our concerns and that the property did not meet Hilton levels of quality. When he found we were going to the Westin he did not even attempt to compare.
Both the Hilton and Westin were charging around $475 all-inclusive for two. However === there was no comparison. The Westin was MUCH better in ALL categories. I could rate a two or a three - but given the value comparison to the Westin, I think a two is appropriate.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.