Exactly the "homebase" we were looking for . A quiet, clean, safe facility, an amazing beach (raked every morning just in time for our sunrise swim!) and a very helpful staff. A perfect place to call home while exploring this amazing country. Honestly we didn't know what to expect after reading some of the reviews, but after having already booked, we decided to make the most of it. I dont know how much has changed since the reviews on here from January, but we have found no plumbing or water issues. There is more than enough water pressure to remove that residual sunscreen at days end (make sure you pack lots as the Belizian sun cannot go underestimated!) and all the hotwater you need. The hot water does take a minute or two to reach the upper shower, but once it does there's plenty. We're staying in one of the 3 level units with 2 bedrooms and three decks all on seperate levels. The beds are 6inch foam, firm and very comfortable. Like the previous reviewers, I too prefer a firm matteress. Being from Canada, the air condidtioning is a nightly godsend. I'm in the upper bedroom (warmer of the two) and all you have to do is pull the curtains mid day and turn on the AC in the later afternoon, shut the door and by nightfall, you'll be cool as a cucumber. All the fans help as well. They provide an extra, heavier blanet for the bed, but the sheets work just fine for me. The vegetation is much more established than the photos on their website. The gardeners here work all day and the results are obvious. We'll be back!
- Rent a car. The bikes here work fine, but if you want to go further than Hopkins, a car is a must. This place was meant for day trips. From what we have heard the bus sytem is ok and a great experience, but can eat away at your daylight hours
- Grab groceries on the way in. There are several great stores in Hopkins. Buy a couple days worth of food, stock the fridge and relax. Dangriga is slightly cheaper for shopping. If you're stuck, the manager keeps a good stock of the basics to get you through to the next day.
- Fly into Dangrigia. It was $138usd 'open ended' return for this flight. It's a 20-25 minute flight, but saves you 3hrs of driving. We had the plane to ourselves and the views were breathtaking! Rent your car from Dangrigia or have it delivered to the resort.
- Ask the staff about the tours and sighseeing. We have learnt so much in the last few days about sightseeing oppotunities and experiences from the other people staying here as well as the staff. You'll pay way less and meet people who really care about their country. Ask, ask, ask!
- Bring bug spray. Not because of this beach necessarily, but the trips you may be taking. The staff spray the beach each night (apparently they just switched to a more 'eco' friendly product which is always nice) and it does help. I've only been bit twice that I can tell, my travelling partner a few more times (when she wasn't wearing any bug spray!) We've been told that the flies are a part of beach life in Belize at dawn and dusk. We were prepared for the worst, but the gentle sea breeze has kept them at bay.
- Be flexible with your schedule and don't plan/book everything before you get here. As I suggested above, ask around.
- Save some time for sitting on the beach, swimming in the ocean or the pools!
Every room opens to the pool deck and beach. Rooms 1 and 16 are at the ends.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC