We had 6 great nightsa this hotel/resort. It is right on the beach (The beaches are not the best in Batu Ferringhi and I dont recommend swimming in it) but you do not have to leave the hotel. The pools are great. We travelled with a 2 and 5 year old and could get them out of the pool. The is a water slide for only the kids, a shallow pool for the young ones and deeper relaxing pools for the adults. The pools are supervised (not life guards) by several employees which made you feel relaxed when the kids were in the pool. During the day they play pool volleyball and basketball. For the kids there is an Adventure play centre (not free) where I recommend buying a kids passport (1 or 2 day). They are 50 and 90 Riggits and also include a varoius vouchers for the kids including free drinks, meal, icre cream and pop corn. on the 2 day day passport we had 6 hours of vouchers for the Adventure centre. Oh and a t-shirt. Breakfast is good with a variety of food types. The accommodation is a good size. We had beach facing room which was great. The only problem is room noise for the above rooms. Everything else was fine. The service provided was good any requests were followed up. The location in Buta Feringgi right at the start of the night market and there are heaps of place to eat and cheap. it is a 45 minute drive to Georgetown and about a hour to the airport.The golden sands is a great family resort.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, AsiaRooms, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.